Colt Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2250 Posts

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Bought a pinned and recessed 6 1/2" S&W 29-2 .44 magnum (Dirty Harry) revolver to go with my 4" S&W 29-2. The 6 1/2" dates to 1977 and the 4" dates to 1980.

View attachment 701983

Now THAT's a Really Nice Score LC...!!

Dirty Harry...circa 1971

" I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots or only five ?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky ?' Well, do you, punk ? "

Director John Milius owns one of the actual S&W Model 29's used in principal photography in Dirty Harry and Magnum Force. As of March 2012 it is on loan to the NRA National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, Virginia, and is in the Hollywood Guns display in the William B. Ruger Gallery.

Also in 2012, the film was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant."

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Yup...

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Nice! I like those. There is one sitting at my LGS. I check it out every time I am in there.

Reactions: les.b

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Well since we‘re posting some government related guns here’s my Sauer M1913 that is marked S. B. which is SchutzPolizei marked also with the number 2194. The Schutzpoliezei were the “ordinary uniformed police” as opposed to the Traffic Police, or the Kripo - or Criminal Police. I only have 1 magazine for it; it is also numbered 2194 with the number 1 so there must have been several magazines matched to the gun.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
A hammerless .32 that is police marked? Say, don't we have a guy here thart it interested in such?

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Just picked this up today...1939 High Standard Model A. I got it in an auction and it came with some surprising extras.

It also had its original box and instruction sheet though not in the best condition.

It also has its 1948 gun registration card with the Clark County Sheriff's Office in Las Vegas.

It also has its ownership transfer in 1950 bill of sale.

Here it came with something I've never seen before...the business card from the auction house with a thank you attached.

2101 - 2120 of 2250 Posts