Colt Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2245 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Just got this out of Maryland's 7-day jail today...S&W Model 66 snubby. I always wanted a Model 19 snub but they seem to go for too much money whether in great condition or worn...always too high. This was pretty dirty and caked up with powder residue buildup but a disassembly and thorough cleaning took care of it pretty nicely I think.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
I think the M1 Garand is the most magnificent rifle ever designed. It may be obsolete in modern terms but that takes away nothing from its history and utility.

There's a saying I've heard about them...When you take out a M1 at the range women fall at your feet...strong men salute you and respect you and the enemies of freedom cower in fear and run.

It's always great to see someone post pics of the M1s.

BTW...are you looking for an '03 or '03A3?

Reactions: Maxcustody and JOG

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the M1 Garand is the most magnificent rifle ever designed. It may be obsolete in modern terms but that takes away nothing from its history and utility.

There's a saying I've heard about them...When you take out a M1 at the range women fall at your feet...strong men salute you and respect you and the enemies of freedom cower in fear and run.

It's always great to see someone post pics of the M1s.

BTW...are you looking for an '03 or '03A3?

I will get by thank you for asking.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not much of a looker but the history behind it is amazing, the letter states it was shipped to Mayor Charles E. Moyer of Little Rock, Arkansas 1927 after researching him he was a two term Mayor 1925-1929 and 1941-1945, he was also the County Judge, County Assessor and a Chief Deputy Sheriff, I have found documentation on his time as Mayor, County Judge and County Assessor but haven't find any documentation on his time as Chief Deputy Sheriff, the Arkansas History Commission is helping me with that, one note to mention which just shows history is Charles Moyer was the KKK's candidate for County Judge and Mayor which I have the documents on that also a real interesting piece
IMG_2101.jpg

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Here's a neat little gun with a neat little story (short version). Back in the fall of 2006 I purchased the newly released Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm from a large Kimber Master Dealer during the time here in Texas. The serial number is KUFA001. He claimed it was sent to him by mistake in a large order of Kimber's and the Kimber people contacted him wanting it back which he told them he's planning on selling it and with that he said he never heard anything more from them regarding it but said the rep. didn't seem too happy about his decision. I kind of took his story as a self boasting thing but did pay a few more bills over the suggested retail back then. But what the hell, huh? Being a brand new model they were selling like hotcakes and getting harder to find during that time and I wanted one.

A few months later I ran across these two 2007 magazines at a book store one evening with the Ultra Aegis II on the front covers. The Shooting Times Buyers Guide Magazine has number KUFA003 and Guns & Ammo 2007 Annual edition has KUFA002.

A year ago or so I read on another Forum that Kimber's Customer Service will date your pistol if you call them so I thought that would be fun. The Kimber guy ask for the serial number which I gave him, KUFA001. He said, "Hmmm, that's interesting can you hold a few minutes". He came back on and mentioned he had to check with someone else but said it appears it's the very first one made that came off the production line. He gave me date of August 29th, 2006. He confirmed that the first run of the Aegis II pistols would have the prefix meaning K= Kimber, U= Ultra/ frame, F= 9mm, and A= Aegis model. We spoke a little bit more, he wanted to know how I ended up with it. I inquired about getting something in writing but he said they don't have anything in place currently offering such.

It's still new in the box, unfired or carried by me. I got plenty others to shoot and carry or one day I may decide to shoot it. I take it out to wipe it down or show friends ever so often. I like it. I think it has neat story.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Recently picked up this cute little Chiappa "Mini Sharps" in 218 Bee at auction. This one's the Charles Daly version from 2008. A couple of minor stock dings, but otherwise pretty much as new. Overall nice fit and finish. I just loaded up 100 rounds of Bee, and hope to get it to the range this weekend.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
That's really cool! The 218 Bee will be screaming out of that long barrel!

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Picked this up last week...Hi-Standard Sport King Model 102...from the 1958-1959 era.

2201 - 2220 of 2245 Posts