Colt Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2245 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Here's a Harrington and Richardson that is a bit uncommon. A version of the .22 Special with a 10" barrel called the "Expert". Made in the late 20's, early 30's.
That's pretty cool. I had not seen an H&R with a 10" barrel before.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Here's another Harrington & Richardson .22LR but with a little longer barrel :) .... H&R Reising MC-58 (aka Model 65 "Modified").
The M-65 was produced for a short time in late WW2 as a trainer for the USMC primarily, but wasn't marked as such.
The MC-58 has some interesting USMC rollmarks.
The MC-58 also has an updated trigger guard/safety like the M-1 Garand / M-14
With the M-14 being phased out, the need died out too, and many were never issued, with only a small number (~3500) made in 1958/59.
The CMP sold off some still NIB in the early 2000's and this is one of 'em.
Note the box label says "Model No. 65" rather then "MC-58".

The Model 65 has an unusual cocking mechanism.. a plunger located in a recess under the fore-end.

For giggles here's an excerpt from an H&R correspondence during WW2 about selling the Model 65 commercially.
It validates the original finish and usage for the military Model 65.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Been waiting for the range to open for months and now it's open by a weeks pre-reservation. I have a100 rounds of Greek HXP 303 in the range bag for my last rescue rifle and fractured my leg in three places so I can't walk. No joy !

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Awesome rifle and scope! Rare bird there.

Reactions: MJ1

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Been waiting for the range to open for months and now it's open by a weeks pre-reservation. I have a100 rounds of Greek HXP 303 in the range bag for my last rescue rifle and fractured my leg in three places so I can't walk. No joy !

Damn MJ no Costa Rica for you for a while!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It’s time to change a rotational hand gun for a while; so keeping with the .45 ACP I decided to carry my H&K USP TACTICAL .45. It’s a big gun but carries easily on the right side OWB. Some day soon I should get a suppressor for it!

·
The Consummate Collector
6,580 Posts
I have always liked the S&W model 49 revolvers and bought this pair many years ago:

I just added this engraved model 49 as it arrived today and I thought some members may enjoy seeing it. I believe it was engraved by Albert Bean of Corpus Christi, Texas, and fitted with a set of ivory stocks.

Cam

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Cam - the depth and the quality of the gun’s in your collection is truly amazing. I am never disappointed when I see that you’ve posted something from your “meager” collection [wink][wink]!
That said, and as I no longer have a S&W Model 49 in my collection and with my proximity to Corpus Christi, TX (San Antonio a mere 143.5 miles from Corpus Christi plus my wife has relatives there) I shall expect that you will forthwith transfer said Model 49 to me for safekeeping. I can assure you that the revolver will be displayed in a manner consistent with its understated elegance!

In other words Cam - that’s one hell of a beautiful gun! Thanks sharing it with us!

2221 - 2240 of 2245 Posts