Colt Forum banner

2241 - 2245 of 2245 Posts

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
I have always liked the S&W model 49 revolvers and bought this pair many years ago:

I just added this engraved model 49 as it arrived today and I thought some members may enjoy seeing it. I believe it was engraved by Albert Bean of Corpus Christi, Texas, and fitted with a set of ivory stocks.

Cam
Magnificent Specimens Cam...!!

I remain envious of your vast conglomeration of firearms.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,580 Posts
[IMG alt="CWO4USCGRET"]https://www.coltforum.com/d1/avatars/m/4/4362.jpg?1587021618[/IMG]
CWO4USCGRET
Registered

Joined Jul 17, 2008
2,569 Posts
#2,240 3 d ago
Cam - the depth and the quality of the gun’s in your collection is truly amazing. I am never disappointed when I see that you’ve posted something from your “meager” collection [wink][wink]!
That said, and as I no longer have a S&W Model 49 in my collection and with my proximity to Corpus Christi, TX (San Antonio a mere 143.5 miles from Corpus Christi plus my wife has relatives there) I shall expect that you will forthwith transfer said Model 49 to me for safekeeping. I can assure you that the revolver will be displayed in a manner consistent with its understated elegance!

In other words Cam - that’s one hell of a beautiful gun! Thanks sharing it with us!

Thanks for the kind words and when I came upon this unique model 49 I just knew that I had to go after it. I was lucky enough to be able to buy it.

Cam.

2241 - 2245 of 2245 Posts