Colt Forum banner
221 - 240 of 3,117 Posts
Marlin 27S 32-20.
I'd been looking for one of these in good condition, for a resonable price, for a long time, and this one is in great shape. 32-20 is one of my favorites and this one should be a good shooter.

I have a thing for US issue rifles, from the top; my Chicom clone 1897 trench gun, '03 Springfield, Remington 1917, 1916 issue 1911 (my "bring back" treasure), '43 Springfield Garand, '44 Springfield Garand, Armscorp M1A, Federal ord M1A

The Chicom clone along side an USGI '97 Trench Gun, take down model, around 1918 as best I can tell.

Israeli Galil in 5.56 Nato

A pair of M70AB2 Yugo underfolders

CETME 7.62 Nato

HK91 clone 7.62 Nato

Sadly the 7.62 Nato guns no longer get much range time due to the cost of ammo. I'm not set up to reload teh caliber and I do not want to deplete then milsup stockpile I have.

Put in a bunch of OT this season at the golf course. Here's what I've got to show for it.​

Rifle: Springfield Armory US M1 Garand .30-06. Korean War vintage (1953)
Backstory: This rifle had belonged to the armourer at the local National Guard base throughout the 50's. After he passed, it fell into a collection and was tucked safely away for many years. Owner decided to liquidate and was consigning it to a local Garand/Carbine expert to take out to a Tulsa, OK. gun show. However, I decided to save the guy the trouble of lugging it out to Tulsa. Technically, I'm only the third owner and probably only the second shooter of it.
The rifle is all correct and original with the exception of the following modifications done by the armourer himself:
Installation of a NM rear sight.
The stock has been glass-bedded.
The stock has been lightly varnished to a semi glossy finish (not Tru Oiled).
I have a correct Korean War-era sling (marked) ordered for it but am still looking for a correct bayonet, cleaning kit, and US case for it. Rest assured, no repro accessories will go on this rifle. It has been classified as MINT and it's obvious that it's seen a lot of love and care over the years.
And it sure keeps the muskrat population in my pond under control.​

Hey, look what just came in yesterday afternoon! It's a "brand-X" but is pretty nice. A six-inch, nickel Smith & Wesson Model 57 41 Magnum.

I've long wanted a 6-inch Model 57 in nickel but, earlier this month, settled on a fine looking 6-inch blue gun, found for a nice price on an internet firearms auction. After the seller received payment he called me back, remembering that I had said that I really wanted a nickel gun during our previous phone conversation. He was letting me know that, if I could wait a few more days for shipment, he would have an equally nice nickel Model 57 that he could send instead. Well, of course I was willing to wait.

The serial number indicates that it is likely a 1976 gun.

my newest AR option...

10mm. Now I can carry my Delta Elite and a long gun and only one caliber! Big Brown Truck arrived today; after locking the big dog in the back room - I signed for this Olympic Arms 10mm upper; first the full-size DPMS AR (20" barrel) and then the Olympic Arms 10mm upper installed on the DPMS; (16" barrel):

Range report to follow.

Here is my almost new in box High Standard Supermatic Citation.

The ONLY flaw

The first time I ever fired it was in anger. I caught a mole digging holes under my lemon tree. Timed it just right and got a head shot from 20 feet.
.22 long rifle is very loud when fired from inside the house through the kitchen window.

Its been my favorite plinker ever since.

Do y'all know of any forums that specialize in High Standards?
I'll be honest, I don't even know what model this is.

upper left
S&W 642 .38 special airweight

upper right;
Bersa Thunder .380

Lower left;
Beretta Tomcat .32

Lower right;
S&W 3319 'Ladysmith' 9mm

A S&W Model 19-2 which has had the original nickel removed and hard chromed with a brush finish. Nickel was in bad shape and had turned yellowish.

A Taurus Tracker in .44 Mag with a 8.375" barrel. Dead accurate.

A Colt King Cobra which was a gift from my youngest son and most frequent shooting partner.

It took me forever to find this Springfield Armory Trophy Match Longslide without porting. Closest thing I own to a custom handgun.

Bedside pistol, a Sig 229R

On another discussion forum

that I belong to they have a "Secret Santa" gift exchange. We submit our screen names, someone assigns you a member to send a gift to - around $20; the forum is knife friendly; no Chinese junk. Some people go way overboard; someone gave me the carbon fiber grips for a 1911; the forum is JerzeeDevil.com; their "colors" are red and black:

Thank you secret Santa!

221 - 240 of 3,117 Posts