Colt Forum banner

161 - 180 of 2092 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Kimber Ultra CDP II .45acp

My non Colt BBQ gun and shooter with XXX Exhibition grade Ivory. I have the dangdest time getting to show the spectacular grain in pics.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here’s a couple Smith & Wesson’s I recently picked up.

S&W Model 13-1 M&P .357 Mag (1977)

S&W .32 (pre Model-31) Nickel .32 S&W Long (1957)

Jackie

·
Registered
41 Posts
M1919A4 Browning

I had her out of the gun safe to clean her after a weekend of scattering 30 cal rounds, one of John M Browning's finest creations, the M19191A4 .30 caliber machine gun, she is the reason why I can't retire completly, .30 caliber ammo is expensive and she has an appetite for it.
She sits on top of an M2 tripod complete with the T&E mechanism.

·
Registered
41 Posts
S&W 8 3/8 in K38

I bought this long nosed K38 brand new back in '74, since then I have replaced the factory slim grips with the more comfortable Bill Jordan signature grips, this gun is strictly a wad cutter gun and she can print tight groups at 50 yards, it has an extra smooth trigger job, a fun gun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Some 32s

Three Smiths,
from the top,
a 32-20
next 2 are 32 S&W Long

and one conversion to 32 S&W by Gren

rayb

·
Registered
41 Posts
My custom made M1A match rifle

She started as a match rifle but not good enough for 1000 yards competition, Back in '90 I took the rifle to a good friend of mine, a master match armorer, in the Marines that worked in the rifle team equipment section in Quantico VA., this is where they fabricated the best match M14 rifles, the rifles were built individually for the shooter.
When I got her back a week later she was totally transformed, the factory match barrel was trashed it just didn't meet the specs, he did all the work on his spare time and gave me a list of all the parts that needed replacement (just about everything!) and to keep us out of trouble with our C.O. I paid for all the parts, the old man didn't care if the armorers did work after hours as long as the parts didn't came out of his inventory.
The rifle is very accurate, a twin to any of the match M14's being made, she is priceless.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Model 97 Winchester, '03 Sprongfield, M1917 Eddystone, 1942 SA Garand, 1951 H&R Garand, Armscorp M1A, Federal Ord M1A.
And my 1911 is in there too.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
She started as a match rifle but not good enough for 1000 yards competition, Back in '90 I took the rifle to a good friend of mine, a master match armorer, in the Marines that worked in the rifle team equipment section in Quantico VA., this is where they fabricated the best match M14 rifles, the rifles were built individually for the shooter.
When I got her back a week later she was totally transformed, the factory match barrel was trashed it just didn't meet the specs, he did all the work on his spare time and gave me a list of all the parts that needed replacement (just about everything!) and to keep us out of trouble with our C.O. I paid for all the parts, the old man didn't care if the armorers did work after hours as long as the parts didn't came out of his inventory.
The rifle is very accurate, a twin to any of the match M14's being made, she is priceless.
Model 97 Winchester, '03 Sprongfield, M1917 Eddystone, 1942 SA Garand, 1951 H&R Garand, Armscorp M1A, Federal Ord M1A.
And my 1911 is in there too.
How come you two guys are not members of the M14 Rifle Association? :
http://www.m14flra.org/ Just like the US Marines, we are looking for a few good men! http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Here's another M1A. I need to plug that stock with one of the dummy selectors.

Since I already posted the M1A before, we'll go in a different direction. Winchester Model 70s.

1937 .220 Swift, 1947 .257 Roberts, 1953 .30-06, late 80s .357 H&H Magnum.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The Alpha and Omega of the blending of American wood and steel;

Mid 18th century style PA Lancaster rifle with .54 Getz C profile swamped barrel, Chambers Germanic flintlock. Took a whitetail at 170 yards once.

M1A, all USGI parts except receiver.

My crappy photos do not do either of these stocks justice.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
My newest 1952 Vintage rimfire....

Remington Model 550-1. Remington made the 550 beginning in 1941; then the 550-1 in 1946 and ran until 1970. Approximately 750,000+ were made. My gun pimp wanted $175 and we settled on $125 plus tax; $132.50 out the door...it has a 24" barrel and according to the date codes, P YY the gun was made in June 1952, one month before me. It was missing a shell deflector and an internal screw and lockwasher that prevents the receiver nut from backing off. The part was there but the scew and washer wasn't. Other then that its pretty darn good shape for 58 years old; its had less parts replaced then I have!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Official "Other" Firearms Photo Thread!

I have acquired over a dozen of these Argentine Sistema's (Colt 1911a1 Clones) the 2 below have been rebuilt into shooters and refinished.

Here's one that was converted to .22cal from 45acp

·
Registered
912 Posts
Remington Model 550-1. Remington made the 550 beginning in 1941; then the 550-1 in 1946 and ran until 1970. Approximately 750,000+ were made. My gun pimp wanted $175 and we settled on $125 plus tax; $132.50 out the door...it has a 24" barrel and according to the date codes, P YY the gun was made in June 1952, one month before me. It was missing a shell deflector and an internal screw and lockwasher that prevents the receiver nut from backing off. The part was there but the scew and washer wasn't. Other then that its pretty darn good shape for 58 years old; its had less parts replaced then I have!

I've got a couple of 550-I's. One is one my grandfather bought new around before 1950. Three generations of us have beat the crap out of it. The other is a very nice 1953 model that I picked up at a gun show this spring. My brother liked the look of a "nice" one compared to the beater we keep at our farm and found a really nice one a couple of weeks ago at a flea market.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Okay, here's one of my latest finds. S&W Victory, made in 1943, stamped US NAVY(thankfully it wasn't engraved over), with ivory grips. I paid $275! I bought a Colt Official Police a week later, I'll post photos of it after I take some.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My modest collection. Sorry for my Colts sneaking into the photo with my "other" firearms.

The obligatory Ruger 10/22 (pre-plastic)
CZ 452FS, .22WMR
LMT Defender 5.56mm

"Others" pictured include:
Ruger GP100 .357mag
Ruger Single Six 60th Anniversary Talo Edition .22lr/.22mag
Ruger MK II Target .22lr
Interarms Walther PPK/S .380ACP.

The Colts are 1976 Python, 1976 S70 Gold Cup, WWI Belleau Wood Commemorative
Would really like to add a 4" S&W K-38 to the family.

161 - 180 of 2092 Posts