Colt Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2102 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Nice CZ Monsai. I bought my CZ-75B from Aim Surplus a few years ago; $375 or so. Sold as an Israeli Police Trade-in. Pleasantly surprised; it says made in Czechoslovakia not Made in Czech Republic so its an older gun; old enough that I double checked it; it’s a CZ-75 not a CZ-75B!

Indeed. The75B has a "squared off" trigger guard.

·
Registered
749 Posts
A so called pre-B. I bought a LNIB 2 years ago

And then my buddy bought a short rail, the original one, with the nice blueing instead of the baked spray paint. I was a bit jealous, although we both saw the for sale ad at the same time. I let him have it since he is just starting in guns, and I am way ahead. And I have first dibs shall he want to sell it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I picked this up a couple weeks ago. It a Husqvarna Vapenfabriks model 640 chambered in 270 Winchester built in 1950 on a FN Mauser 98 action. It belonged to the seller's grandfather who bought it new and used it extensively for hunting in Colorado then left it to seller. The seller doesn't hunt or shoot much so I got it at a very reasonable price. The bore and rifling are excellent and the action is smooth as silk.
The sling was home made from some canvas strap sewn together and starting to tear at the loops so it's gone and the scope is a fine cross hair 4X32 power Universal. A Japanese import similar to a Tasco so we'll see how it works out. Now all I need is some decent weather and it's out to the range to see how it performs. Come on summer!
Husqvarna vapenfabriks 270 Win.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bought two Walther PPK/s .22's yesterday for my grand daughter and me - consecutively numbered. She's 20; her first gun. Training will start next week.

View attachment 687631

Bond; JAMES Bond

View attachment 687633
that is a nice present for your grand daughter, I am sure she will enjoy shooting it with her grandad. I repeatedly said it I know......awesome pics:cool:

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I do have a .380 PPK from 1966, while it's nice to look at, it's not very comfortable to shoot.

Once I witnessed someone shooting a PPK or PPK/S and he used too high a hold. The slide ripped the skin from the web of his hand...not a too uncommon thing with the design.

1961 - 1980 of 2102 Posts