Colt Forum banner

The Official "Other" Firearms Photo Thread!

727K views 3K replies 463 participants last post by  Colt191145lover 
#1 ·
The Official \"Other\" Firearms Photo Thread!

Lets see some photos of you other Non-Colt Firearms! This is the thread to show them off in...be sure to list what they are so we all know.

Here are a few of mine:

Ruger P89

Bushmaster AR15

Mossberg 590

Taurus PT1911

Raging Bull .44 Mag

I'll post some more later, but lets see some photos of your other babies!

See less See more
#143 ·
My 1881 Marlin with double set triggers, medium frame, Fajen straight grain walnut fitted by Tom McCool, then checkered by Sterling Davies. The checkering pattern was copied from original Marlins in the Burgess Book.
It letters made in 1886, originally a 40-60. Robert West of Eugene Oregon relined it to 45-70 for me. I never could decide of what to do with the outside metal finish or afford it.

I shot this deer from cross sticks, he was trotting broadside at 165 yards. It has a Smith Enterprises ladder rear sight and those are my sight ups taped to the stock.

#144 ·
another good trade...

The other day when I traded for the Henry Big Boy they had a Marlin on the wall - I just couldn't resist; so I traded an older Olympic 9mm AR (that uses Glock magazines and was always a PITA to shoot) for this new Marlin 1895CB with 26" barrel and 10 round capacity of .45-70. I have .45-70 ammo, dies, bullets, and about 18# of different powders; I'm thinking I ought to come up with some really good shooting rounds.

and here's the pair of new lever guns:

#146 ·
newest trade...

I would love to have a real, WWII issued Thompson M1 but until I get an extra $25K that I can spend for a gun I'll have to settle for this: AutoOrd (Kahr) M1927 semi-auto carbine...
I have had, in my safe, for 5 years a Vector Arms V93 .223 that never seemed to work flawlessly; disassembly and reassembly was always a pain - lining up the rollers, bolt, etc. was always difficult - as if the rails were too tight. As usual, I got a great deal on the Vector to begin with; $900 out the door; so I did ok today. Here are a few photos; I have to say it is one heavy SOB; 13# empty. Pounce wanted his photo posted too...

#153 ·
I was always partial to the Model 1892 Winchester and this is probably my favorite (very poor picture); I actually still have it!!! It’s a Model 1892, Takedown, Short Rifle chambered in 38-40 with a 22 inch barrel and 8 3/8 inch short forearm; this is actually a pretty rare configuration. Proportionally the 22 inch barrel and short forearm create the illusion that it is a standard length rifle at first glance. It was received in Winchester’s warehouse in 1904. I particularly like this old Model 1892 because it is pictured in the First Edition (1977 Printing) of Madis’ “The Winchester Book”

#158 ·
Here's a couple, I lost a lot of pictures in a recent hard drive crash -

Ruger Bisley Vaquero .45Colt with Leather by El Paso Saddlery (the white stuff on it is leather conditioner that I didn't work in all the way)

Ruger NM Blackhawk, .45Colt/.45ACP, same thing on the leather

#164 ·
M1919A4 Browning

I had her out of the gun safe to clean her after a weekend of scattering 30 cal rounds, one of John M Browning's finest creations, the M19191A4 .30 caliber machine gun, she is the reason why I can't retire completly, .30 caliber ammo is expensive and she has an appetite for it.
She sits on top of an M2 tripod complete with the T&E mechanism.

#165 ·
S&W 8 3/8 in K38

I bought this long nosed K38 brand new back in '74, since then I have replaced the factory slim grips with the more comfortable Bill Jordan signature grips, this gun is strictly a wad cutter gun and she can print tight groups at 50 yards, it has an extra smooth trigger job, a fun gun to shoot.

#167 ·
My custom made M1A match rifle

She started as a match rifle but not good enough for 1000 yards competition, Back in '90 I took the rifle to a good friend of mine, a master match armorer, in the Marines that worked in the rifle team equipment section in Quantico VA., this is where they fabricated the best match M14 rifles, the rifles were built individually for the shooter.
When I got her back a week later she was totally transformed, the factory match barrel was trashed it just didn't meet the specs, he did all the work on his spare time and gave me a list of all the parts that needed replacement (just about everything!) and to keep us out of trouble with our C.O. I paid for all the parts, the old man didn't care if the armorers did work after hours as long as the parts didn't came out of his inventory.
The rifle is very accurate, a twin to any of the match M14's being made, she is priceless.

#169 ·
She started as a match rifle but not good enough for 1000 yards competition, Back in '90 I took the rifle to a good friend of mine, a master match armorer, in the Marines that worked in the rifle team equipment section in Quantico VA., this is where they fabricated the best match M14 rifles, the rifles were built individually for the shooter.
When I got her back a week later she was totally transformed, the factory match barrel was trashed it just didn't meet the specs, he did all the work on his spare time and gave me a list of all the parts that needed replacement (just about everything!) and to keep us out of trouble with our C.O. I paid for all the parts, the old man didn't care if the armorers did work after hours as long as the parts didn't came out of his inventory.
The rifle is very accurate, a twin to any of the match M14's being made, she is priceless.
Model 97 Winchester, '03 Sprongfield, M1917 Eddystone, 1942 SA Garand, 1951 H&R Garand, Armscorp M1A, Federal Ord M1A.
And my 1911 is in there too.
How come you two guys are not members of the M14 Rifle Association? :
http://www.m14flra.org/ Just like the US Marines, we are looking for a few good men! http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/