Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum I was interested in the second picture you put up with some of the markings on it. What i did i copy it to Paint 3D and expanded it to 150%
I then inspected the side of the back strap where it meets the recoil shield for images.
I then inspected the side of the recoil shield above the hammer screw for images.
I could make out some images,also, have a look on the side of the barrel the images may be there also,but not really clear on the pictures you put up.
Could you have a close look in subdued light,you may be surprised in what you see. I have seen these images on other early Colt's.

Many thanks for posting.and take care of a nice Colt revolver you have there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
PLEASE - can we not delve into this same inane discussion that we had some time ago about horse heads and other occult images supposed to be appearing on some percussion Colt revolvers that have some finish remaining. We all come here (I think) to seriously discuss antique Colt percussion firearms. This poster Jules previously was ALSS (a name here for years) and was one of the initiators of a discussion about horse heads and other silly images that they supposed were on these guns put there by people with various motivations in times past.

It ended up being a discussion about "I am right so prove that I am wrong" that went in circles and finally had to be locked by our administrators.

Let's stop this. I am alerting Guy Sajer, Admin, about whether we seem to be heading, yet again, down a dark and non-productive road.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I think Jules/ALSS and nghiggins are also the same person.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yes, I was going to suggest that “Jules” & ALSS were indeed one & the same, but was awaiting the mere mention of their fake Paterson to seal the deal for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you do get it lettered (or find its history) - I would like to include it in my Colt Model 1860 Army Revolver Date of Shipment Listing!

Thanks!
No problem, will do.
civilian model...nice condition, do you think it was refinished? can't tell from here. either way, it's a real winner. Ken
No, I almost certain it is the original finish
I tried to get a letter on my 1860 fluted # 831. Colt said no record . My # 1333 was lettered to our U . S . government .
I have heard the real early ones are hard to letter & it is a hit or miss thing. Lettering Colts can be a real frustrating thing at times

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum I was interested in the second picture you put up with some of the markings on it. What i did i copy it to Paint 3D and expanded it to 150%
I then inspected the side of the back strap where it meets the recoil shield for images.
I then inspected the side of the recoil shield above the hammer screw for images.
I could make out some images,also, have a look on the side of the barrel the images may be there also,but not really clear on the pictures you put up.
Could you have a close look in subdued light,you may be surprised in what you see. I have seen these images on other early Colt's.

Many thanks for posting.and take care of a nice Colt revolver you have there.
Man, that is neat, Can you post some of those images as I'm not computer literate as I was definitely not born in this techy world.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Man, that is neat, Can you post some of those images as I'm not computer literate as I was definitely not born in this techy world.
You are being led into a few folks' ideas about animal heads seen by them as esoteric images.

It has nothing to do with what this forum is about. See previous posts.

Just FYI.

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Let's stop this. I am alerting Guy Sajer, Admin, about whether we seem to be heading, yet again, down a dark and non-productive road.
I bet you were fun in elementary school. Had teacher's number on speed dial.

This is a collector's forum, and collectors sometimes have some oddball theories about the items they collect. Sometimes, known facts contradict those theories. I collect mostly sabers, and on those forums it's considered polite to post those contradictory facts and move on. Let the other collectors view both sides and come to their own conclusions. It's very mature.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I bet you were fun in elementary school. Had teacher's number on speed dial.
When I was in grade school we had rotary dial phones, on a party line at home, or the pay phone down at the corner store, which cost a dime per call.

You are just a young'n.

Jim

·
Registered
91 Posts
PLEASE - can we not delve into this same inane discussion that we had some time ago about horse heads and other occult images supposed to be appearing on some percussion Colt revolvers that have some finish remaining. We all come here (I think) to seriously discuss antique Colt percussion firearms. This poster Jules previously was ALSS (a name here for years) and was one of the initiators of a discussion about horse heads and other silly images that they supposed were on these guns put there by people with various motivations in times past.

It ended up being a discussion about "I am right so prove that I am wrong" that went in circles and finally had to be locked by our administrators.

Wow

Edited:One of the many things wrong with this country today. If your opinion is different than mine then it’s wrong and now I’m triggered and offended and off to alert the powers that be. Gonna get you “canceled” because I don’t agree with you. Come on man. What did it hurt? And why were you so threatened by it that you had to run and tell? Could’ve just closed your eyes, scrolled down, exited out. Whatever. But run and tell?

Where I’m from, the guy who brought up horse heads and free mason signs hidden on guns would have got teased and been given a hard time. But if he was a good guy and well liked and could take the teasing he’d be alright. All these guys jumping up and running and telling. Well, they wouldn’t be welcomed back. And prob wouldn’t want to come back anyways.
Could you imagine being in an in-person conversation with somebody, they say something you don’t like and you start looking around for somebody to tell on them to and haul them off? Same concept when you type it on here.
Down here in Mississippi ain’t much changed culture wise-at least during my life time. I know that’s made my state the laughingstock of the Union for a long time, but it’s looking pretty good now ain’t it Hoss. It does considering the state of the rest of the country. Our men are still men, our women are still women. And God, family, work, guns etc are still important. If most the men in this country are resorting to those tactics then it seems to me ya’ll might could learn a little something from folks who haven’t completely rolled over and started peeing everywhere.

This is my favorite site. Only thing I look at on the internet at least once a day. Don’t post much. I’m not very knowledgeable so nobody’s missing out. I’d hate to get banned, but I’d be alright. But all these posts about telling on people needed to be called out. We’re grown man. Geez.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Unsure if you actually read the insipid posts, on many threads, of imaginary horsies & cows. They are here for your perusal. Has nothing to do with geographical location or upbringing. Just a serious discussion regarding outrageous fantasies of certain visual takes. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Unsure if you actually read the insipid posts, on many threads, of imaginary horsies & cows. They are here for your perusal. Has nothing to do with geographical location or upbringing. Just a serious discussion regarding outrageous fantasies of certain visual takes. Nothing more, nothing less.
I did. And I thought it was ridiculous, just like most everybody else. But I respected his right to say it. Hell, I fought for his right to say it. What I didn’t do was get upset or tattle on him because I had to scroll through it. From what I see on the news, that type of behavior definitely seems influenced by geography or upbringing. I’m in the middle of raising two boys now and respecting others (including their opinions), having thick skin, and not telling on people for trivial things are DEFINITELY part of their upbringing.
I’m not gonna beat this horse anymore because it’s pointless.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts