Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not oil folk, Dan Wesson.

Had a change to shoot my DW 15-2 6" again the other day and it's just amazing how nice a shooter this old gun is. It's very, very accurate and the trigger is smoother than any of my Colts or Smiths except perhaps, the old Improved New Service.

Before I went I reseated the barrel and set the gap down to about .002 (works great but I find I have to wipe the front of the cylinder off after every ten reloads or so) and stocked up on 38SWC and a couple boxes of 125gr 357s. It has the Wolff reduced power trigger spring and the 7.5# hammer spring.

------------------
Fore Warned is Fore Armed... Pogo
Unless it's four worned out guns... Albert

[This message has been edited by jar (edited 12-19-2003).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jar:
It has the Wolff reduced power trigger spring and the 7.5# hammer spring.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of curiosity what does the double action trigger pull run around with the reduced power Wolff springs? Thanks as am curious.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't measured it. I need to do that sometime when I remember to, but from feel, it's a little lighter than the SA pull on my Army Specials, DS or 1917s. I'd guess (and this is really a WAG) that it's around 4.5#. It's still a long pull but smoother even than my Smiths, none of the Colt like stageyness and feels like a rollerbearing on glass.

------------------
Fore Warned is Fore Armed... Pogo
Unless it's four worned out guns... Albert

[This message has been edited by jar (edited 12-22-2003).]

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've had my M15 for years and it has served well. Accurate as all get out (as long as the B/C gap is right), tough as nails, and not a bad trigger once you get used to it. Since father time is starting to show up in my eyes I think she will get an optic sight of some sort mounted on a new shroud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts