Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a understanding of the "Paterson Colts". I know they are the earliest/rarest Colts produced and they were produced in the first factory located in Paterson, New Jersey. Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hi Addicted,
The story behind Colt and his pistols is most interesting and is way more detailed than can be posted here. Try reading "Paterson Colt Pistol Variations" by Phillips and Wilson. It will give you a good history of the guns. Also try the "The Book of Colt Firearms"... It has the story as well. I would be extremely cautious with Patersons (and Walkers, too) as there have been MANY fakes made over the years. In fact, there are probably more fakes out there now than real guns produced! An early turn of the century fake in today's market will bring in the four figure range, while an original Paterson will be in the five to six figure range. There are many models and variations of the originals and most high dollar collectors won't touch one without pedigree and authenication... Hope that helps! Bob Best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts