Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the Python subforum would outpace the SAA board due to the increased interest in that model, however the old Peacemaker is hanging in there quite nicely.

Just a random observation...

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
You know what I notice? All the Python posts except one on the page when I just looked are about value. What's it worth, is this rare, how did I do, are these original, does this take away value? Etc, Etc, etc. Only one post about actually SHOOTING the things. All the talk about Pythons is from speculators, it feels like the stock market or gold or real estate bubbles I've watched.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
15 years ago when everyone was buying Desert Eagles and Beretta 92s, I was buying old pre-war colts. Because they were a good value, made better than those I just mentioned, and shot very well. I like to shoot my guns, not pull them out of the safe, brush them with a feather duster and decide what the next one I should buy is. Do I wish I'd bought one 10 or 15 years ago? Sure but I'm not sinking my life savings into them.

·
Administrator
7,329 Posts
I chose these 2 models to get their own forums for a reason . :cool:

I'm not surprised . I actually figure the SAA forum to out pace the Python eventually .

Reactions: Colt-SL

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
I chose these 2 models to get their own forums for a reason . :cool: I'm not surprised . I actually figure the SAA forum to out pace the Python eventually .
I thought so too because of the ratio of SAA to Pythons . I've got a Python coming, so if I end up flapping my jaws on here enough about it, that may keep the sub forums even for a good while!

·
Administrator
7,329 Posts
I thought so too because of the ratio of SAA to Pythons . I've got a Python coming, so if I end up flapping my jaws on here enough about it, that may keep the sub forums even for a good while!
That was one reason .
My main thinking is along the lines of the 1st gen SAA "has been there and done that" and the condition of most 1st gen guns show that . They were mostly working man guns . Most worked hard and some "over worked" . Buyer's are concerned more with originality and swapped parts more than bogus box labels . Hence many questions on this stamp and that number and that hammer and so on . Imo .

Either way , I'm glad they are both taking off :cool:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I WAS MIGHTY GLAD to see all the sillyness about PYTHONS be seperated off into their own LIL world and not be stuffing up all the sixgun site with how-much-is-it-worth balogna. Have not been over there since and never will be now that the real Colt sixguns, the SAA's, have their own well watered site to glory !!

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I chose these 2 models to get their own forums for a reason . :cool:

I'm not surprised . I actually figure the SAA forum to out pace the Python eventually .
Mitch, what I like and appreciate about the sub-forums is that I can still click on "Colt Revolvers" and get my daily dose of various wheel gun discussions. Then, consistent with the "Colt Forum Announcements and News" section, and the way it has had an established sub-forum, I can scroll back up and partake in the Revolver subs - Python & SAA.

To my mind, it streamlines my focus here. Nicely accomplished. :cool:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Well, I'll be the voice of dissent. I LIKED the revolver forum with ALL revolvers in it. I hardly ever click on the Python thread or the SAA thread now, even tho i love and own both guns. By the time I get through all the other stuff on this site (as well as other computer work I have to do) I often dont have much time left. I was sure the idea would flop because it appeared to be only a few voiced for it and I was hoping I would be in the majority but as usual...I am the loner again:(!!!

·
Administrator
7,329 Posts
dan

Thank you . I'm glad you weighed in . You're not the only one opposed to change . I'm not big on change myself if you look carefully at the forum since I was asked to admin/mod by the previous owner 6-7 yrs ago . "47" new subforums are NOT in the plans .

... I was sure the idea would flop because it appeared to be only a few voiced for it ...
While it might have appeared to , "voicing for it" had no bearing at all . I know it's hard to believe but I actually "work here" . Ok , ok , I know it's not really work :eek: . As member 289 I've seen all of the changes here . The most impact being the new ownership and being linked to almost 50 other sites . With that we've double in size in 2 yrs . I'm planning for the possibility of new sub-forums much in advance in case 2-3 topics seem to be smothering the other topics . 2-3 or 50 members request for a major change to the forum aren't going to sway me if imo it looks like it could be detrimental to the forum . Any change by me is thought out in advance and taken very seriously . My opinion in this case continues to be that by separating Python and SAA it takes a tremendous amount of pressure off the other Revolver topics .

Thanks again for sharing your opinion .

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
OK Mr. Sajer I understand. And your work is appreciated...this is my favorite forum to go to due in no small part to the administrators and the knowledgeable members.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am not one of the very early members but been around since 2006 and a supporting member. Usually I read all new posts a couple times a day under classifieds and revolvers. I also liked it better in the old style but it's not a big deal to look in a couple different areas. Since this post seems to be going nowhere fast I would like to thank Guy for taking his time to explain the thought process behind the change. The information available and attitude of the most posters is an asset for all of us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts