Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Main Street out my shop door.
A sleepy little town of 230 that’s never grown more than 350 in high times since 1880.
This was a place for outlaws to escape and find work: fencing or cowboying…or whatever

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t get a call from the new owner of an old Colt who spins a tale of where his might have been.

With all that’s happening in the world today, I’m here to say: the Colt SAA is alive and well.

Snow Wood Tree Shade Public space

· Registered
1,246 Posts
I must come over Bill! I am in Coeur d Alene, Idaho, it used to be a sleepy little town 33 yrs ago, when we got here! But now, oh my we have been discovered and all is for nought!
My Colt dealer gone, one of the best antique display/stores, Glen Mattux Antique Armory PostFalls, has died, you hear horns honking at every intersection, to many people from the ”Republic of Adam Henry’s etc. Time to move:( Oh I know that’s just what you want to hear! LOL;)

· Registered
143 Posts
Been traveling through Ten Sleep since the early '50's. Lived in Worland and my family had a cabin on upper Ten Sleep Creek at the time so we spent a lot of time there. The place hasn't really changed very much from back in the day - I do miss the old cafe that had the good pies, and there was a guy across the street that had a fun gun shop - but it's otherwise about the same. I will say, though, that LAB has added a whole new dash of class and panache to the place! Always enjoyable to stop by and visit when I'm passing through.

· Premium Member
5,801 Posts
This is Main Street out my shop door.
A sleepy little town of 230 that’s never grown more than 350 in high times since 1880.
This was a place for outlaws to escape and find work: fencing or cowboying…or whatever

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t get a call from the new owner of an old Colt who spins a tale of where his might have been.

With all that’s happening in the world today, I’m here to say: the Colt SAA is alive and well.

View attachment 826793
There is a point in time, impossible to place with precision, at which the transition occurs from making history to becoming history.

· Registered
378 Posts
I must come over Bill! I am in Coeur d Alene, Idaho, it used to be a sleepy little town 33 yrs ago, when we got here! But now, oh my we have been discovered and all is for nought!
My Colt dealer gone, one of the best antique display/stores, Glen Mattux Antique Armory PostFalls, has died, you hear horns honking at every intersection, to many people from the ”Republic of Adam Henry’s etc. Time to move:( Oh I know that’s just what you want to hear! LOL;)
CDA used to be such a lovely Place before it was “discovered”. 😞

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Every time I went to Wyoming, Yellowstone, and Montana to trout fish started in 1972 I went a different route until everyone had been traveled. Even gravel road North of Cody to North East entrance of Yellowstone. When I look through my old map folder of Wyoming maps I have a note 'no good food in Worland!
Font Gas Smile Circle Event

I'm not sure Bill was born back then?
Gas Font Circle Art Symmetry

CDA used to be such a lovely Place before it was “discovered”.
So was Bozeman!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts