Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, went out to the range today and tried to shoot my 45C SAA. I used 6 grains of Titegroup and a 260g Speer HP. I was impressed with the accuracy but surprised with the trouble I had extracting the brass. This should be a low pressure round, right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have no experience with Titegroup powder, but extraction should not be difficult for normal-pressure loads. Have you fired any other ammo through it? Chambers could be a bit rough.
This site does seem to be dead. I come here once or twice a week, and find that there have often been no posts since the last visit. Maybe if people would quit saying Colt isn't selling guns anymore, people would go buy some, and we'd have something to talk about!
My SAA is a 1st-gen Frontier Six Shooter, and I've been loading some black powder for it. What a mess! Not only is the SPG lube all goopy, but the gun gets so dirty that I have to dismount the cylinder for cleaning after every 12-18 rounds. It's still fun to hear that big BOOM, and see the cloud of smoke.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be right about the chambers. I shot quite a few lead rounds through it with poor accuracy. I wanted to shoot some jacketed ammo through it to smooth out the bore some. Thanks for your comments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts