Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent thread on sadles and belts adorned with conchos has first made me know what are conchos. Secondly, it has reminded me a nice story about such a belt and about a positive and friendly sales clerk. This is what I wish share with you. Years ago, circa 2000, I was visiting my parent company in Rochester for business. Before heading back to France, I wished to bring back to my wife a gift and by chance I entered in a small shopcenter that sold all kind of things for gardeners, farmers, horseriders (hence saddles and leather belts). I spotted and bought a nice black leather belt adorned with "silver" conchos. During the following year, wearing this belt, my wife lost one of the conchos. The next year, having to visit again Rochester with my wife this time, I suggested her to bring the belt with her so we can try to get a spare concho. We returned to the shop center, but without the till receipt. We were welcome by a young sales clerk to whom I explained the problem and asking her if it was possible to get a spare concho, even we did not have the receipt. I mentioned her also that we were here for a 2 weeks but I was willing to pay for the concho and the postage and packing if the item was not available during our stay. She answered, "no till receipt, no problem I recognize these belts, they comes from our shop", "it will not be easy to get a replacement concho on such a short notice","give me your belt and hold on a moment" . She disappeared in the back-shop for a few minutes and came back with the "repaired belt". Actually it was the very same belt model but a fresh new one !! Asking her "How much for the new belt? she smiled and answered "Nothing, I'll manage this with the manufacturer".

Great, isn't it ?

Now, every time my wife wears this belt I think of this sales clerk and of this shop center.

Here is its address :

CountryMax
5930 County Road 41, Farmington, N-Y

It seems to me that in 2000 the name was different, but thanks to Google Earth I am 100% sure this is the place, I recognize the building and the car park.

I must add that I have no CountryMax shares.

If by chance there is a member in the forum who lives close to this place, he can print my message and pass it onto the shop manager with my thanks.

Cheers

Black belt 002.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Every once in a while, someone really provide good customer service. You found one of those people.
My wife is an oncology nurse, and used to manage two cancer centers. Now, being older, she does oncology case management from home. She had one patient that had throat cancer and could barely eat, so she decided to send him a watermelon. This patient lived in Alaska which is a long way from Michigan and she took it to the UPS store. They promptly put a sticker on it, addressed it and sent it off. I told my wife that i figured it would cost $40.00 and it actually cost $41.00. My wife did not get reimbursed for her expenditure, she did it just because another human being was in need and it was part of a service she provided as a oncology nurse. No one at work ever acknowledged her, because the patient never even thanked her.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
A recent thread on sadles and belts adorned with conchos has first made me know what are conchos. Secondly, it has reminded me a nice story about such a belt and about a positive and friendly sales clerk. This is what I wish share with you. Years ago, circa 2000, I was visiting my parent company in Rochester for business. Before heading back to France, I wished to bring back to my wife a gift and by chance I entered in a small shopcenter that sold all kind of things for gardeners, farmers, horseriders (hence saddles and leather belts). I spotted and bought a nice black leather belt adorned with "silver" conchos. During the following year, wearing this belt, my wife lost one of the conchos. The next year, having to visit again Rochester with my wife this time, I suggested her to bring the belt with her so we can try to get a spare concho. We returned to the shop center, but without the till receipt. We were welcome by a young sales clerk to whom I explained the problem and asking her if it was possible to get a spare concho, even we did not have the receipt. I mentioned her also that we were here for a 2 weeks but I was willing to pay for the concho and the postage and packing if the item was not available during our stay. She answered, "no till receipt, no problem I recognize these belts, they comes from our shop", "it will not be easy to get a replacement concho on such a short notice","give me your belt and hold on a moment" . She disappeared in the back-shop for a few minutes and came back with the "repaired belt". Actually it was the very same belt model but a fresh new one !! Asking her "How much for the new belt? she smiled and answered "Nothing, I'll manage this with the manufacturer".

Great, isn't it ?

Now, every time my wife wears this belt I think of this sales clerk and of this shop center.

Here is its address :

CountryMax
5930 County Road 41, Farmington, N-Y

It seems to me that in 2000 the name was different, but thanks to Google Earth I am 100% sure this is the place, I recognize the building and the car park.

I must add that I have no CountryMax shares.

If by chance there is a member in the forum who lives close to this place, he can print my message and pass it onto the shop manager with my thanks.

Cheers

View attachment 400065
Very good, Picardie, always happy to learn of a good deed being performed by someone, especially when it proves to a person from another country that we're not all "ugly Americans"! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts