Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all The Untouchables series fans among us Heroes and Icons channel 488 on Fios TV is running a marathon on this iconic show this Sunday. Beginning at noon est. they did a 6 hr run last Sunday which caught me by surprise as it was not announced. Set your dvr so you don't miss anything and get set to watch those Thompsons and Colt Official Police models in action.

·
Registered
644 Posts
That was one of my favorite shows growing up. Sad about the real life story of Eliot Ness though!

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Robert Stack was a champion shotgunner as well.

Reactions: sublimert70

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The film version of the Untouchables with Kevin Costner was closer to what the true Eliot Ness was in character. Robert Stack's portrayal of Ness as the tough, hard boiled, no nonsense lawman while accurate for cops of the era
was not a historically accurate Eliot Ness. I recall older guys I used to shoot with all WWII and Korean War vets
talked about how Robert Stack was Grand National Shotgun Champion at the tender age of 16.
Quite an accomplishment, that would never happen with today's crop of kids. Great show and with Walter Winchell's
gritty narration and Desilu studios panning with two cameras, and the combination of Stacks acting and gun handling makes for a first class series.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
“Ness was a Punk,” Maj George Golding, USMC. Golding was the Marine who cleaned up Chicago. He was untouchable because he was in the military. They placed him temporarily in the reserves to avoid the Posse Comitatus act. He was assigned to the Treasury Department and was known in the press as, “Hardboiled Golding.”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts