Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It looks kind of pimply. I do like the snake on the barrel. That seller does get some nice stuff. I bought an Anshutz from him.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gruesome,they may be offspring of your avatar.D*
Blademan,What acid he didn't injest he poured on the Python.D*

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Must have been engraved for a Napa Valley Desperato.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I'm surprised at you guys...don't you recognize a Boone's Farm wine revolver when you see one? The nastiest, most vile alcoholic beverage put on this planet except perhaps strained sterno ;) ...AND NO I've never tried sterno but back in the late 60's that Boones Farm stuff made many of my fellow college friends hug the porcelain god. As to the Python in question.....the stocks, for a winery company person are kinda neat, the rest of the gun is, unfortunately, beyond repair :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think the saddest thing about this Python is the amount of work that went into it.

Then, when it was all finished, they had this.

Simply terrible.

On the upside, the engraver did "sign it". :bang_wall:

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
If they find a buyer that thinks it reflects their taste, and they are happy and look upon it with joy then I am very happy for them.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
From a collector's standpoint, doesn't the destruction of another Python help the values of the remaining ones? Not to encourage such a tragic end.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm surprised at you guys...don't you recognize a Boone's Farm wine revolver when you see one? The nastiest, most vile alcoholic beverage put on this planet except perhaps strained sterno ;) ...AND NO I've never tried sterno but back in the late 60's that Boones Farm stuff made many of my fellow college friends hug the porcelain god. As to the Python in question.....the stocks, for a winery company person are kinda neat, the rest of the gun is, unfortunately, beyond repair :(
MtnSpur, I'm surprised at you. Boone's Farm was premium stuff compared to California Red Mountain which we consumed in gallon quantities in San Diego during my Navy tenure there in the '60's. Think it went for about $4/gal. Was all we could afford then but it did the job! Glad those days and headaches are behind me, but such great memories.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sheesh...If someone gave that to me, I couldn't possibly keep it. And I'd have a damned hard time selling it for anything. That thing is UGLY.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts