Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You just never know what you’re going to find......

The Officers Model .38 is from 1904. The .38-40 New Service is a 1923 vintage.

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
In my best Rick Harrison voice..."I'll give you a hundred bucks for them."

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Most of the Pawn Shops have quit handling guns, because the Rogues at the BATFE have made the owners miserable with false violations.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Lol.......have to laugh at myself. Sometimes I’m a little slow on the uptake. Just figured out the reason for the ‘WERE’ in a pawn shop. I couldn’t have left them there either. Great find.

Tom

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The little gun shop I work with has had an unbelievable number of highly collectible guns come in in the last 6 months. Is anyone seeing this trend? These are two nice guns that do not turn up very often especially the Officers Model. Great find!

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
The little gun shop I work with has had an unbelievable number of highly collectible guns come in in the last 6 months. Is anyone seeing this trend? These are two nice guns that do not turn up very often especially the Officers Model. Great find!
I think it's like with a bunch of auctions and at some gun stores...the old time collectors have passed away or become too aged to handle the collection and their families don't want to deal with the guns so off to auction or a lawn store they go. I'm thinking the older family members go for established auctions or gun stores to dispose of them while millennial family family members want quick cash so off to the pawn shops.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of favorite places to go for good old stuff says with the current generational gap, when boomers die, a lot of the time the grandkids don't want the guns. This shop ends up consigning entire estate sales worth of guns for the widow/kid/what have you. I see a lot of old colts and smiths when I go in there with what seems like a new selection every couple weeks when I go in. Makes it damn near impossible to save for that holy Grail. Over the years I've walked out of there with a diamondback, lawman mkiii, S&W model 67 combat masterpiece issued and marked by CHP, a S&W model 15 snubnose and my most recent, Colt police positive special with four inch barrel that spend a lifetime in a cops holster, worn down right side crown of barrel and almost completely smooth right grip. All I've been trying to do was save for a python but my money keeps getting pulled to other guns that I can afford and need new homes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice find! Here in Gulag Marylinistan pawn shops can only sell long guns. Plus, unless they are C&R people need a HQL unless exempt...then a 7 day wait for MSP to “not disapprove” you so you can get your new toy out of “jail”. Can’t wait to move back to “Free America”!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts