Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Model '92 in 357 magnum and a Model '95 in 30-40. Both are NIB, and I'm not sure I'm ever going to shoot either one. Which would you keep? The '92 is chambered in a fun, practical round should I ever shoot it. The Model '95 is beautiful and has a certain "cool factor". Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
everybody but me:( how much??? I do have a rossi Model 92 in 454 casull but it's not a winchester, but it kicks like a colt

·
Premium Member
7,960 Posts
I have to agree with the consensus to keep the 38-40 for the reason of a correct western caliber. Plus the 357 might sell easier if someone is buying it to shoot. Both nice guns in perfect condition and I expected no less in Hopalong's collection.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I would sell the 357 ,which will sell easily, and to replace it ,get a Rossi 92 trapper with large loop barrel and 16 inch barrel. You will still walk away with $400-500 . I have a bunch of Winchesters ,and clones. The 92 in 45 Colt Win ,shoots no better than my Rossi 92 ,or a Uberti 73 . The slickest of the bunch is a Browning 92 in 357. The 92 Trapper I picked up used ,has a slick action, gold bead front sight. and yup I can spin cock it. The 357 is practical , cowboy tactical, fun to shoot and cheap to feed. Picked it up for $400 as new, but better. Can keep the bigboy for a collectible and come out ahead. That's my story and I'm stickin to it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts