Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a gunshow this weekend,have a SP-1 carbine I want to sell or trade.I have looked at several sites, and seen many for sale.What is a REAL WORLD price for something like this nowdays? I mean there was a wide range in wanted prices and getting prices.This gun was sold to me 15+ years ago as new,unfired,no box,one 20rd colt clip.It has a couple of safe dings that happened when the middle shelf met its pistol limit.not scratches but marks on the parkerizing you can see,a good oil soak might make them go away.Please understand I have other AR's I shoot,this gun to me is taking up space I need for rifles I can shoot and not effect the value.I would really like to turn this rifle into a super nice revolver,if it was yours what would you trade for at a show? I like big bore 4" pistols myself,COLT andS&W's /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif SNSP910XX 1-12 pencil barrel,no fwd assist,bayo lug,flash hider, 2 pos stock.

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
I couldn't presume to tell you what to trade for . Sorry . If I were selling , I'd ask $1500 .

Hope you find something at the show .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the show and found the rifle a new home.After showing it to about 50 people,only about 3 knew what they were looking at other than it just being another AR-CAR like was being offerd allover the show.So I ended up selling it to a dealer I knew who had given me deals on stuff in the past.I gave him a good deal on it because I knew he needed to have a good profit margin in order to sell it.Got to come home with 400.00$ more than I went to the show with and bring home two S&W's /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Over all it was a good gunshow "day"

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
That's great . What Smith's did you find ? Most of us here have a few . /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts