Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know it's bad when you give an Honest answer to a simple question that was just asking what your thoughts are on a Pistol and get Bashed by several different people for it!

It's so Childish to do someone who is only trying help like that...I just hope you don't act this Childish on a shooting range...or atleast the range I go to!

Just because I don't believe that Colt makes their Pistols as good as they used to and are not worth the Money ($1200 for a new Python) I am called a "Planted Liberal that's just trying to stir things up"

Hopefully oneday you guys will grow up...and I'm only speaking to the ones that bashed me in the post...If your just reading this out of the blue please excuse my Rant...I just don't think it's right for others to Bash me for speaking the truth!

Thanks to the ones that have given me the answers to the only question I asked and I hope I helped a few along the way!!!

Blokey...you are a wealth of knowledge and I wish you the best...you give great advice and answers to questions!

To all the Bashers ...well I'll be the grown up sence you won't and say Good Bye!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yoda I was a part of that thread. I never bashed you and I’m not bashing you now. I’m not interested in running you off either. But I did point out the Cold Hard Truth statement. But even by doing that I offered that your opinions were based on your experience and were real for you. Call that a validation of sorts, albeit weak.

I am sorry you feel you have been attacked by everyone, “tag teaming” as you called it. But that is just not so. Go back and read the posts by me and bac, and stans, and vdm etc. We weren’t bashing you. There is no conspiracy here.

There is nothing wrong with being passionate about ones opinions and positions. Clearly you gave a passionate opinion and received equally passionate counter opinions. Without intending to be condescending, the responses you received were in kind to your post. When you made disparaging remarks you got disparaging remarks in return. What did you expect?

Most everyone in the gun hobby has a strong opinion. It seems to be a common trait we all possess. So is it any surprise that when someone draws a hard line in the sand that someone else get ruffled feathers? Seems pretty clear to me. Perhaps you don’t realize it but if you take note of your posts, you take a very hard line.

I’m guessing that your initial opinion was meant in earnest with no intention to offend. However presentation sometimes clouds the content. I think this was the case here. You came on pretty strong yourself even though I’m sure you felt you were defending yourself. Your simple message of the older guns had better quality than the newer guns was lost in the emotion of your presentation. Your simple position if presented differently would have got significant support.

Regarding the members of this forum bashing anyone who doesn't agree that Colt is the Best just isn’t so either. I’ve been hanging around this place for perhaps a couple of years now. Sometime lurking and sometimes contributing. But I don’t ever remember a single time the folks here weren’t courteous to others. Sure some may have got the token slap on the knuckles when they referred to stocks as grips, but never any character assignation or bashing.

How about sleeping on it Yoda. Fences can be mended.

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 10-04-2004).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I totally agree with WS23and think the RANT should be turned off.
I would suggest though that the next time don't try to "touch any nerves" lest you get "touched back".

END OF RANT!

Dick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm well let's see...sence you want to claim you didn't bash....let's review

This post is from Diamondback "Jeff, I think what we are dealing with is a "lurker/poser/troll" here probably from the "liberal left" trying to rile things up here so they can talk about the "gun culture nuts" on these forums. We've seen "plants" like him before and usually if you listen to them long enough, you find out they really don't know much about guns at all."

now you wasn't bashing??

Gunkwazy "Yo Yoda,
I'm not sure why you would strike a nerve.
Hmmmm, maybe because the forum is called the COLT FORUM and not ROSSI.com.
If ya don't like Colt's guns and their (not there)quality, maybe you should be reading & writing somewhere else.
Just a thought.
Jeff (GUNKWAZY)"

hmmmm let's review a little more shall we...

this is from Diamondback "Oh and let's see, Yugo's vs. BMW's, who was it that first brought up Harleys and "Welder" and "custom bikes" on the COLT FORUM!"

well let's just step over to that post and see better yet...this is from VDM "Please let me put it to you this way... I have been riding Motorcycles for 30 years. My first 2 bikes were not Harley's. However, I wanted a Harley from day 1, I have since aquired many in the past 28 years and would never ride anything else. Sure they cost more, and may have issues yet they retain their dollar value and many other values of which I will not go into...
That is how I relate Colt... Of which the Python is, and will remain, the Best of the Best...

Respectively submitter"

guess I didn't bring that one up after all....I just replied!!

you know this goes on and on...now I admit I was wrong in saying Cold Hard Truth...I said that in the post...I came here for good converstion and to meet others like myself who love to work on and collect firearms...I make a simple Honest responce to a question and this is what I get for it...I've got several e-mails about things that went on in that post...responces like "I belive you are correct in what you stated about old vs new! I don't know why they won't admit that the new colts just aren't made as good." <<<<this is from just 1 of the e-mails I've got...there are several just like this...so it's not just me that think your wrong for the way you did...WS23...Stans...Bac1023 are the only ones that posted on that thread that didn't send a remark directed at me...they stated as I did...Python has it flaws and it's hard for someone who has been shooting a Smith to get used to a Python and the GP100 that I brought up was built like a "Tank" but it just wasn't for them...Gunkwazy made that statement as well...and as far as me makeing this post for me to whine....I don't think so...I made this to rant...there's a difference...what you done to me in that post was wrong...I gave a simple answer to a simple question...THAT'S ALL...and got Bashed for my efforts and time to answer a question...oh and Diamondback I'm on the Smith & wesson forums....along with Kimber...Dan Wesson...Glock talk...I'll be the first to admit that I don't know as much as I should about alot of the firearms on the market...I don't use books or hear say to learn what I know...I try it for my self and see how it is first hand...I have several friends that work for...Kimber...Colt...Springfield armory...these are NOT dealers...they actually fit frame and slides...finish fitting barrels and links...so what I know isn't hear say..it's first hand knowledge that I have picked up over the years! and bashing me in an open forum for what I've learned from first hand experience is NOT right...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My mentor once taught me: "If you think a rock is hard, try to crack a closed mind".
No one is arguing that the newer Colts may not be as good as the older ones. If you you don't like them don't buy them, simple as that. The guy never said he was looking to buy a "new" Python, he asked for an opinion on the "Python vs. a Smith .357" and never once asked for an opinion about any other brand and you have yet to even mention Smith in your discussion and you still don't get it. If you you had stuck to the original question and made your statement about "new not as good as old" the thread would have been over in about five or six posts. Talk about a rock.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 10-04-2004).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 10-04-2004).]

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hey Dback68,
Just walk away and let the kids play in the sandbox (this post & the other).
I guess we just need to ignore the ignorant.
There's always gonna be one or 2 kids that can't play nice.
My Ex-wife thought she was always right too.
That's why she's my Ex-wife.
Anytime you can count the IQ points on 1 or 2 hands, there's no use trying to make it work.
I'll catch ya on a real post Dback.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from Bac1023 "What are your thoughts in recommending this fine revolver over a Smith 357. I currently own two Smith revolvers and the only Colts I've owned have been autos."

hmmm thoughts...opinion...hmmm

from Yoda...aka me "It's hard to go wrong with a Smith or Ruger!" Very first post I made matter of fact!

lol Jeff...you show you IQ everytime you try to respond to me...and it drops every time you submit a post!

Now why can't you just admit when you were wrong...I did so why can't you???

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
OK,
I admit you were wrong.
There, now I feel better.
Maybe you can change your name from YODA to Yaddah Yaddah Yaddah... cuz that's all I'm hearin'.
That's my last post on this boring thread.
By the way, I thought you were leaving this board.
Goodnight & goodbye & good luck.
ZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzz......

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still recieveing e-mails from surfer about how Childish you are...and I just recieve another from someone else on this post...after thinking about it and reading what he said I believe he's right...I shouldn't leave cause of 1 person...

Gunkwazy...Jeff...It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong...guess you still have some growing up to do!

"Much to learn you still have my young Padawan" Yoda

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
<< This Forum has gone to H3ll in a handbasket>>

As you just recently registered in August of this year how can you determine the forum has gone to H3ll?
This is a discussion board and it is considered appropiate to receive rebuttals on opinions. If someone thinks their opinions shouldn't be challenged then they are being childish as an adult should know this. Facts are freely exchanged here, but opinions can draw comments.
What is really bad is when someone gets their panties in a knot and start a whole new thread to whine about it. Something that has not happen here before and the subject really belongs in the Lounge as this has no pertinent data associated to a Colt revolver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yoda, why am I getting emails about you? This is one of the quietest gun forums around, yet I have received several emails about your behavior here.

I don't have the time to try and sort things out. I'll put it this way- You can either calm down and stop the name calling, or you can leave. If you're unwilling to cooperate, I can remove you from this forum. It's up to you.
...At this point, anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys will be happy to know that Yoda has left the building. He just couldn't contain himself, and now he and his last two posts are nothing but a faint memory.

Some people...

·
Administrator
7,046 Posts
Thank you parabellum . The Colt Forum is good people .

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks parabellum.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thanks Parabellum.
It's a shame we might lose this place now that site has finally become more active. One thing I really like about here is the no bickering and back biting. Just good people sharing knowledge on the Colts we all truely admire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, it doesn't have to close. All you need is someone with just a little bit of experience with boards like this.
As a matter of fact, it might not even have to be moved. Someone could just take over the server fees here until they moved the site to wherever they wanted.

Put your heads together guys. Like I said in my post in the Lounge, we could just flip the switch and this board would be gone, but I don't want to do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts