Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was communicating with a Randall customer, very nice guy with an interesting past. He said two of his passions were Randall knives and .45 autos. I proudly sent him images of a couple of mine and he replied with an image of HALF of his! I am duly humbled and very envious!

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Yeah...we are a sick bunch! It looks like some have it worse (better?) than others.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Unfortunately or fortunately money might be the only thing holding me back from being that kind of fan. I counted 72 of those in this photo and at half of his collection and at say $1000 per firearm just to make the math easy. Well that's a good chunk of change in my world but hey good for him.

I'm happy buying a few Great Eastern Cutlery pocket knives and a handgun or two each year. That keeps my motor running.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Rick, being aware of your long and prestigious dealings with Randall Knives, (and your love of music), I was wondering if you ever paid attention to; or ever heard, the Steve Earle song: "Taneytown" ??

I'm not a huge fan of Earle, but the lyrics mention the Randalls several times. Perhaps not in the best context, but thought you might find it interesting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now THAT is a collection! I can't wait for CMP to start releasing some surplus M1911 (A1) 's next year! Found one in poor condition at a LGS marked at $2650 + tax and FFL fees.

I would've jumped on the opportunity earlier this year at a show in Wisconsin... guy was selling a kitted out hard parts custom 1911 at a steal of a price, but if I'd picked that up before finding a Shockwave for the wife, no telling what would've happened to me :)

O_E

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rick, being aware of your long and prestigious dealings with Randall Knives, (and your love of music), I was wondering if you ever paid attention to; or ever heard, the Steve Earle song: "Taneytown" ??

I'm not a huge fan of Earle, but the lyrics mention the Randalls several times. Perhaps not in the best context, but thought you might find it interesting.
Steve Earle, Townes Van Zandt and Guy Clark were all critically acclaimed Texan singer-songwriters and friends back in the hippie days of the 1970's. Van Zandt and recently Guy Clark have passed but they all knew Randall knives. Rather than hi-jack my own thread perhaps I'll start a thread to tell the story of "The Randall Knife" by Guy Clark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5MOUO464Q

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Pretty darned good collection for a single guy. If he's (still) married, I want to see her collection!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Half???? The front row closest to you looking at it are a few current production Wilsons. With a a scattering of half a dozen nighthawks. More like 100k.

·
Premium Member
10,266 Posts
I was communicating with a Randall customer, very nice guy with an interesting past. He said two of his passions were Randall knives and .45 autos. I proudly sent him images of a couple of mine and he replied with an image of HALF of his! I am duly humbled and very envious!

Looks like a good start to me.

Racks long View-1.jpg 6 8-Colt Racks.jpg

Sent from my mPhone using 1903power Pro II

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If that is "half" his collection of 1911 types, where does he sleep ?? Pretty sure this half is taking up one of his beds .:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts