Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm just getting into Pythons. I have a 1970 4" blue and a 1982 4" Nickel Python. I've been wanting some Colt accessories, like boxes and owners manuals. On e-bay there is a new Colt Blue Plastic gun case with a new Python (2003)owners manual for a "buy it now" price of $89.95. The blue plastic cases with original manuals have gone anywhere from $100-$150 on e-bay. I would like to have one of these Blue Plastic gun cases and Python manual, but not at $90-$150 dollars. So, I got to thinking that maybe I should check out Colt's web site to see what they have. Well, I'll be a son-of-a-gun, Colt sells the new Blue Plastic gun cases for $30 and they will send you a Python manual for FREE. It's amazing what taking the time to do a little bit of research can do, and how much money it can save you if you don't know what you're doing, like me. So, my Blue Plastic gun case along with a Python manual is on it's way to me for $30 plus shipping. I just wanted to pass this info along for those like me who are just getting into old Colts and don't have a clue. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
And the difference is that it is not serialed to the gun, which is important to some collectors. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Of course, neither are the ones on EBay. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, there are many things sold on EBay that can be bought from other sources for less. And there are sometimes things offered for sale on this site that were bought on EBay for considerably less. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks ----Good info to have ! I was not aware that Colt sold the cases.

·
Registered
42 Posts
"Fanner50" huh?
I had two of those./forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Can you still get the original box and manual from Mattel? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
"Fanner50" huh?
I had two of those./forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Can you still get the original box and manual from Mattel? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't I wish. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Back in "the day" I had one Fanner 50 and I still remember the day that I cut the barrel down to make it shorter and it fell apart. Thanks to e-bay I now have three of them. I won't be cutting any more barrels off though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
810 Posts
AH, but do you still have the "greenie stick 'em caps"? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
AH, but do you still have the "greenie stick 'em caps"? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly no. I wonder what THEY would go for on e-bay. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly no. I wonder what THEY would go for on e-bay. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] who knows but i must have shot a million of them, course when i got tired of that i just clothspinned a micky mantle baseball card to my frt. spokes and rode my bike /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts