Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Purrrdy...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,679 Posts
Back in the 80's before they went bankrupt the original Springfield Armory company briefly offered colored coatings for guns.

The American Handgunner did a write-up and among the pictured guns was an apple Red 1911 sitting in a bowl of real apples, a Red, White, and Blue 1911, and several models with Gold parts and colored slides and frames.

They said that one customer had his home defense AK-47 totally coated in Shocking Pink.
His idea on that was, if he ever had to actually use it, he would dare a lawyer to flourish the AK in front of a jury and claim that it was a horrible "assault weapon".

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rick:

YIKES!!!! Why would they do that? Wow that is ugly!! It ruined the piece! Julie

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Some people will buy anything. It's ugly, it's RED, and it looks like they polished it to within an inch of it's life before the PAINTED it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some people will try to sell anything!...I am surprised-I am acquanted with this dealer and he generally offers a nicer line of products than other dealers in my area...Guess everyone has junk they want to get rid of.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow even if you were trying to hide a previously screwed up gun finish, why would you pick that color? Ugh! It's bloody horrible.

Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hot dang..Look ma...it's Georgia Bulldawg red & black /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And yet, it is a collector's item.
Is it ugly? Hell, yeah!!
Would you want to be found with it in your last dying moment? Hell, no way!

But then again, as Dfarriswheel tutored us once more with his fine wisdom: it's a gun with a piece of company history.
Rare and special. Therefor it will most certainly will find a way into a S&W collector's vault. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Blasfemist mode on:

Did Colt make anything so ridiculous like this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts