Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Holy crap did you score. Armslist is weird. Maybe not lately, but I’ve seen SAAs on their at such low prices I didn’t know if they were actually auctions or scams. And I've seen many warnings about the site. Then I saw an early 1890s S&W New Model #3 Target Model .44 Russian converted to .22 for $600. Since it was close enough buy face to face I got it, and for $500. It was an amazing deal, I thought. It seems photos are very limited on there, and descriptions often vague.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't know where you get that kind of luck. Congratz on the find. That's definitely a nice one! All of the things I find on Armslist are either overpriced or scams. Maybe someday I'll find a good, local deal, but haven't yet.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was a scam at first because of the price but he gave an honest description so I gave it a shot. I sent him an email and he replied by text. Then i sent him a text asking if he was close to my neighborhood and he replied back. Then I called and he answered. I asked him a few questions unrelated to the gun and I knew he was legit after the conversation. It worked out.

I also bought a LE6920 from him for my brother for $1300. Around 10yrs old. Its never been out of box. The box in great shape. Mags and paperwork still sealed in plastic. I bought it even though my brother wasnt looking. The prices on these are skyrocketing.

There are a lot of scams on armslist. Expect to be ripped off if you send money. You must meet face to face to ensure not being ripped off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts