Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original Bisley flat top. Looks to be a version of the same front sight and a flat "target crown". One of the members here picked up a Bisley that looks very much like Keith's #3 that was done by the Colt factory. Sure makes me curious about the gun I posted.
Trigger Air gun Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It looks like the base of the sight is blued, which makes me think the sight was shaped after it was already on the gun. Not sure if that makes it more or less likely to be factory.

As for the crown I would want to see more photos. Different lighting, different angles and different camera lenses can make the crown seem flat when it's not.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My post from the 2nd thread on this gun.

Many 32-20 guns have had the front sight filed down. This one has been discussed in a different thread. I would not think that is a factory sight Some have even said the muzzle crown looks off. The rest of the gun looks very good but that sight ruins the entire gun for me and a lot of others. The gun is in extremely nice condition for a 1902 pistol. It looks to be all original. Even the blue on the barrel looks right but with that sight it will forever be in question. The gun does not letter with a modified sight and has no mark on the trigger guard indicating Colt had it back. If I owned the gun I would look into having the sight replaced by one of the experts such as Lanara.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I disagree of course ;)

Although I do appreciate the comments!

(89) 1902 modified front sight, Colt job? | Colt Forum

Fact is the front sight is indeed factory. And rather common on 32s from Colt.

Try looking at page 312 in "The Official Record, 1873 to 1895" Wilkersons-Hoyt. Same sight on another 1895. 7.5" gun on page 367 also a 32, but 32 S&W.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts