Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: This S&W 520 is going to go well with my Python\'s!

Calvin; The M-520 was a fix sighted N frame built for the New York State Police,around 1980. They were NOT marked NYSP,as the NYSP NEVER accepted them! So,the 3,000,were sold commercially.

Some,consider it the finest police revolver ever made(especially if you believe in bashing skulls,or dropping your gun,where adjustable sights can break).

They are usually found in excellent shape,as they were snapped up by collectors,many being safe queens. I shoot mine,even though it is nearly "mint". Very accurate with the highly touted Federal 125 jhps(and equivalent handloads).

Note the slightly rounded stocks at the bottom; These are called "P.C.",or plain clothes. The M-520 and the M-58(fixed sighted .41 mag,with NO ejector shroud) were the only 2 N frames to be factory equipped with these "stocks".

Prices vary from $500 to upwards,obviously more with box,etc.

Hope this helps, Bud
P.S. NYSP bought 'lighter framed S&Ws'. Should have kept their .45 Colt New Services!!!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: This S&W 520 is going to go well with my Pytho

Calvin; an "original" S&W M-520 was just posted on the S&W Forum--woops,its gone! 21 minutes!! And a lot of us over there thought that was long!!

Price $600,98% w/box-and the photos show it!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.