Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first handgun ever as I just turned 21 a month ago. I got this in a trade for my ar worth around 800$ + $150 cash, I think it was a great deal what do you guys think? It has some upgrades on it like the grips, it has a full rod and flat spring, trigger, all from wilson combat and something the guy said eliminates limp wristing. It also came with 4 mags and the original parts.

I also have some questions about it like is the full rod worth it? I have shot +P out of it but should I avoid it? What kind of upgrades do you guys think would go good on it? (im thinking of changing up the sights and hammer) And I would love any advice or input in general about the gun. Thank you!!

Here is the beauty

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
You can call Colt and ask them...

Customer Service
Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC
P.O. Box 1868
Hartford, CT 06144 USA

Tel: 800-962-COLT (2658)
Fax: (860) 244-1379

NOTE - 3/18/2020
Due to current CDC recommendations surrounding the potential spread of COVID-19, all
Colt Customer Service inquiries will be handled remotely via our voicemail messaging center. Colt Customer Service personnel will be returning calls from offsite.

If you have a current firearm service concern, please leave a voicemail with your name, callback number, and any identifying information such as a case number, RMA number, or serial number if you have it.

You can also email Colt Customer Service at [email protected].

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can call Colt and ask them...

Customer Service
Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC
P.O. Box 1868
Hartford, CT 06144 USA

Tel: 800-962-COLT (2658)
Fax: (860) 244-1379

NOTE - 3/18/2020
Due to current CDC recommendations surrounding the potential spread of COVID-19, all
Colt Customer Service inquiries will be handled remotely via our voicemail messaging center. Colt Customer Service personnel will be returning calls from offsite.

If you have a current firearm service concern, please leave a voicemail with your name, callback number, and any identifying information such as a case number, RMA number, or serial number if you have it.

You can also email Colt Customer Service at [email protected].

Sweet, I just shot them an email so hopefully they can help me out with that. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,
You pistol will digest +P ammunition all day long. Change the recoil spring out every 2500 or so rounds and enjoy the pistol. Full length guide rods are unnecessary in my books, but if the pistol functions fine, no sense replacing it. If you replace the hammer you will likely have to replace the grip safety. Spend the money on a couple of extra magazines and ammunition.

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
Yea...as Robert has opined...full length guide rods are really not required kit...and +P is what you want to feed it.

Also buy as many magazines as you can afford...it's just a brick without 'em

The G10 grips look great...and will help tame the beast. I would also swap out the springs...just because you can.

And whatever you remove to replace...keep the original parts.

After all that...shoot the snot outta it !!

·
Banned
110 Posts
If you reload, the .38 super will outclass even the hottest 9mms by a wide enough margin to make it worthwhile. You dont often hear anyone mentioning the 9mm in the same breath as .357 Magnum while a properly stoked Super will virtually give you 10-11 rounds of "standard" .357 on tap. All that said, if I didn't reload for the .38 Super already, I would stick to 9mm. The Super is a fantastic round that can be loaded wild to mild for all sorts of versatility.

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
North East Ohio, and no luck at the range today. Line of 10-20 people outside waiting to get in with an hour before they close. Tough times
Yea... 💩 happens !!

I tend to avoid weekends at the indoor range...and back BCV ( Before CoVid ) I would usually show up before the owner got there... 0930...on a T-W-Th morning.

He would open up, hit the lights, and start the coffee while I dropped my stuff at my favorite lane, last one by the wall, then we usually talked over a cup o' joe as he showed me what he took in on consignment during the time since I'd seen him last...or I would show him my newest toy.

Sure do miss that...he's been closed since the Ides of March...(15th)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts