Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I love me some 3-5-7. Especially love the earlier ones with two-tone bluing and fully checkered stocks. Very classy, yet utilitarian at the same time. A gentleman's working gun.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Nice. I have been looking for a nice one myself. Congrats!

·
Registered
362 Posts
You found a very nice example of, perhaps, my favorite Colt revolver. Had it to the range yet?

Thanks for the post and good pics,

Jerry

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great shooter, with a real nice trigger.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
WOW thats a beauty !! Great looking example.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Me being a donkeyhead I missed out on one of them. Had some wear, buggered grip screws, but the bore and chambers were very clean. Could have put it on lay-a-way for chump change, almost called back and have them set it aside for me. No! Not me!
Didn't realize what these revolvers sell for or the demand.

This one is nice for sure. I had a 6 inch Trooper .357, but I'd prefer a 4 inch .357, but would certainly settle for a Trooper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice.

But I don't understand the "two tone bluing".

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Nice.

But I don't understand the "two tone bluing".
I think the term is duel tone ?, note how the the flutes and other parts of the gun have a flat finsh,while other areas are bright blue. Others on here can give you better info. Ask dfariswheel or judgecolt or thecoltguy. They can break it down for you in detail.

John

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yes - dual tone might have been more proper, but the two terms are used interchangeably. On the very early 3-5-7s, the cylinder flutes and edges of the frame were given a matte finish, with the balance of the gun being polished blue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This one is pretty early. Ser # 1XXX, and it has the "dual tone".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Beautiful Revolver, I just bought mine yesterday: 4" BBL with service grips & hammer and no where near as nice as yours: but I'm feeling pretty good about mine!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very nice guys!! Im jealous. I passed on one as well. It appeared to be a flawless 6" (which I would have prefered 4"). He had it marked at 700 but when we cut the strap and I checked the timming, it was going south. So it scared me away. Bummer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
absolutely beautiful revolvers. congratulations and happy shooting. I learn something new on the forum everyday.

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
This is my 1959 model. The timing is perfect, and the action is like silk. The only way I'd be happier is if it was dual-tone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts