Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent this out last Tuesday......got it back TODAY....quite the surprise.....

This RUGER 44 is the BIG BROTHER to the 357 MIKE SAWMILLER engraved for me several month ago....both are serial number 148...kinda KOOL....

Here are a few pics....I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.....got to get it boxed and off to the gunsmith for a salt bath....RR.

this is the 357 he did several months ago....

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hey there Radicalrod;

Absolutely superb. It's beautiful, gorgeous, outstanding, fantastic, fabulous and ............... oh ohhhhhhhh, the next page is missing from my dictionary but you get what I mean, right?

You have one very beautifully done Ruger there my friend. Very nicely done indeed.

Bud

I sent this out last Tuesday......got it back TODAY....quite the surprise.....

This RUGER 44 is the BIG BROTHER to the 357 MIKE SAWMILLER engraved for me several month ago....both are serial number 148...kinda KOOL....

Here are a few pics....I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.....got to get it boxed and off to the gunsmith for a salt bath....RR.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the engraver just does engraving and he likes to work in the "WHITE" so he charges between $500 and $750 depending on your wants.....

I also have a gunsmith that preps the gun for me and then does the bluing / reassembly ......I know my limits :D :D :D

So I have that added expense......it is not inexpensive but also not overly expensive either for a "WORK OF ART"....RR

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Fashion accessory Metal Silver Jewellery Belt buckle Pink Metal Silver Magenta Fashion accessory Overall OK, if you like that style. Everyone has different tastes. It has no shading or background normally done to add depth, it is called simple cut engraving. The only glaring flaw is that clumsy loop in the center of the top of the backstrap.

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YES he can add shading and that does increase the work and cost.....I like the simple look.....

I agree that the top of the back strap didn't turn out the way I would have liked but it is what it is.......

This is how the other gun I had him do looks.....I like it much better.....sorry this is the only pic I could find.....RR.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thank you for the info, your pistol is real nice. That's deffenitly the type of firearm that gets handed down the family line

1 - 15 of 15 Posts