Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on your life. Why just this morning I was out back cutting a path so I could get all my shootin' gear over the river in the boat.

These darn Canadian winters can be a real problem when you want to go shootin', but we're togh up here.

Bud

Snow Winter Recreation Biathlon Stock photography

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I just got back from the Great American Outdoors show in Harrisburg, walked Gunny, or should I say we slid around between a third and a half a mile. Then I humped a 40lb. sack of water conditioner salt on my long front sidewalk, spreading it to melt the ice. No SnowMelt around here to be had. That's ahead of the township letter we'll all be getting here tomorrow warning us the sidewalks have to be cleared. The ice was too thick to chip. Even a digging bar isn't doing too much.
I sure wish I had some of that C4 we had around in the service. I'd like to just blast that ice off.

Ya look OK, Bud. Tougher than me, axing your way through all that river ice.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes siree, I sure am tough aren't I?

Bud

I just got back from the Great American Outdoors show in Harrisburg, walked Gunny, or should I say we slid around between a third and a half a mile. Then I humped a 40lb. sack of water conditioner salt on my long front sidewalk, spreading it to melt the ice. No SnowMelt around here to be had. That's ahead of the township letter we'll all be getting here tomorrow warning us the sidewalks have to be cleared. The ice was too thick to chip. Even a digging bar isn't doing too much.
I sure wish I had some of that C4 we had around in the service. I'd like to just blast that ice off.

Ya look OK, Bud. Tougher than me, axing your way through all that river ice.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
No side walks to worry about where I live. My neighbor down the road plows my driveway, and parking pad all I have to shovel is my front walk and steps. Spread some calcium chloride and we are ok. Bella loves the snow, not to crazy about the ice though. As for shooting, I am lucky I just walk out onto the deck and pick a target. Lately only shooting the .22s, but I have been out back with the slug gun putting some venision in the freezer. Do not have to chop any ice Bud , but still not shooting as much as I should be. We got slammed with two storms back to back, and another one coming this weekend. It is all good though, fire place is roaring, sipping some mighty fine 20 year port, Bella lying at my feet and my beautiful wife sitting next to me. Peace my friends.Lou

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Speaking of deer. I had one run into the front left turn signal of my car last week at night. I missed the first one, the second one hit the car. I couldn't even stop because the road is a hill to a small strip mall. Too dangerous to stop. The tally now is one turkey that I hit at 70 mph on I-81, and this deer; practically in my backyard.

Time for a new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Speaking of deer. I had one run into the front left turn signal of my car last week at night. I missed the first one, the second one hit the car. I couldn't even stop because the road is a hill to a small strip mall. Too dangerous to stop. The tally now is one turkey that I hit at 70 mph on I-81, and this deer; practically in my backyard.

Time for a new vehicle.
Mike you almost have the freezer full. Maybe try to miss an elk here in AZ and you should be good on meat for a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.