Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
All Of It Is Fake/Bogus/Counterfeit

This is the same seller that got started about 3 years ago with counterfeit Colt wood-grain boxes and gold foil labels. In the beginning his fake products were primarily used to package together bogus "NIB" Colt double action revolvers (mostly Pythons) which represented Colt's "wood-grain" box era. He has now expanded to practically every conceivable Colt model and production era. Last week I noticed he has produced a reproduction Colt Custom Shop Blue Box, which looks as poor as all of his boxes, and can easily be discerned.

I remain convinced that his products never have been good enough to pass scrutiny as genuine. Yes, there are many naive buyers falling for this stuff and paying thousands in "NIB" premiums. However, I continue to see the authentic Colt "NIB" packages sell at even greater premiums. The real thing can easily be discerned from the fakes, and I remain bullish on authentic Colts.

His feedback score is managed with a return policy that satisfies every disgruntled customer. He basically pays them off and sustains this perfect rating. He does the same thing on Gun Broker, although not with the same perfection.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
The seller is a smooth talking SCAM artist that sells reproduction JUNK advertised as NOS or that he bought a shipping container of NOS boxes. He's unscrupulous and words his ads and emails in such a way as to divert suspicion like " I'm 'almost' 100% sure these boxes are New Old Stock" or words to that effect. He's out of Tenn and uses the name Vikrant on GB. How he maintains 100% is a mystery other than there are a lot of people that wanted reproduction boxes and settle for his stuff. He's a non-posting member of this forum and trolls the threads and posts looking to see what people have to say. I'd wish COLT would sue him for false advertising or fraud by deception or some kind of "fraud through USPS" statute but alas they have bigger concerns. Search "Fake Box" threads and you'll see a multitude of comments. The very tragic part of all this is that his boxes and paperwork are being bought by people that have a (ie) Python and then auctioned on GB as NIB or LNIB and unsuspecting or unknowledgeable buyers are paying double to triple the price of what the package would really be worth if legit. IMHO the guy is a THIEF, no sugarcoating here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts