Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went down to my LGS today to put a deposit on a new Python and to my surprise they had two identical older ones that were just brought in a few days earlier, oh the decisions. It just so happens that a 4 inch BSS is my all time favorite snake so this went home with me. Brand new in the box and I proceeded to cut the plastic retaining band off the hammer immediately after returning home finding the nicest trigger I believe I've ever had the pleasure of squeezing, she's a 1994 vintage.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Holy Smokes!

I guess that since that snake had been sitting around since 1994, they musta marked it way down to try & move it, eh??? :rolleyes:

Congrats!

Reactions: mafd2 and WVCOLT

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I think we will be seeing a bit more of these older ones now. Some bought or hung on to them strictly as investments. Now that they are back in production some owners feel, rightly or wrongly, that now may be the time to get rid of them, before the market gets over run with the newer models.
As a somewhat similar example, I have a 5mm Remington rimfire. I used to see the rifles going dirt cheap, and the original Remington ammo sitting on dealers tables for $100 a box, no room for bargaining. Then Centurion made a huge run of 5mm ammo, at under $20 a box. The rifles went up in price overnight, drastically, and the Remington ammo went down...to 75, then 50, then 40 then finally $30 a box, as hoarders of the ammo realized the gig was up and suddenly there was older Remington ammo everywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Beautiful Python my friend. Always a great feeling when things go that way for you in a day. Thanks for sharing you BEAUTIFUL Colt with us. You did really well here to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts