Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
About 7:07 , am I seeing Doc ( Val ) pumping a coach gun ?

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
About 7:07 , am I seeing Doc ( Val ) pumping a coach gun ?
No, I think what you are seeing is the recoil from the shotgun being fired into the air to spook the horse. The whole gun moves, not just the fore end.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also liked Open Range when Duvall and Costner walked up the street and Costner asked, are you the one who shot Mose? He said yes and I shot the boy also . Costner pulled up and plugged him right between the eyes.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I could do without seeing anything from The Quick and the Dead, too fanciful with the female gunfighter. It is so bogus it feels tongue in cheek or like a mock Western, I've never finished it.
Now when I WANT goofy gunfights, I'll go for the Trinity series of Spaghetti Westerns, but this one is good too:

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
What not The Wild Bunch in a top 10 western shootout!

One of my favorite scenes in a western is in Rio Bravo when Dude (Dean Martin) goes in the front door of the Burdett saloon looking for the guy who shot Wheeler (Ward Bond).
Dude's looking for someone who stepped in a mud puddle, but no one has muddy boots. So, he accepts the drink the bartender offered only to see blood dripping onto the bar and then shoots the guy in the loft.

I'm not a big fan of The Quick and The Dead either overplayed and cheesy imo.

The last fight at the end of the original Magnificent Seven.
The opening scene where Yul Brenner and McQueen drive the hurst up to boot hill.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
No, I think what you are seeing is the recoil from the shotgun being fired into the air to spook the horse. The whole gun moves, not just the fore end.
Ok , I was watching without audio .

·
Registered
9,712 Posts

The Life And Times Of Judge Roy Bean #11

:ROFLMAO:
John Milius wrote this movie and I bet that was his short blued ivory handled Colt cutie pie Victoria Principle gives Paul Newman. And it being his main gun through out the film. Patrick Swayze used it in “Red Dawn” and I think it was in The Rough Riders, too. Both directed by Milius.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts