Colt Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Dalfort.
Nice holster!
My American is 39xx range.
I have a 2nd Model that shipped in 1872 to a dealer in Chicago. It letters as Full nickel finish with ivory grips
I have lost most of the pics to my psycho computer
I didn't get much further than the dealer, but it wasn't Robinson
P.S. your 1st Russian is also very cool

thanks, thats pretty rare to see one that early letter outside of old M.W. Must have been some operation he had during the 1870's

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have not fired the 8 inch S&W 4th DA, I do not own any 38 S&W ammo, but do also own 3 1/2 inch 2nd issue model single action. Others think it was ordered as a display model too.

·
Registered
10,581 Posts
Here's an H&R I probably posted a long time ago but it's worth revisiting here.

This is my Harrington and Richardson auto ejecting first model. Made only in 1885-86. It was in violation of Smith & Wessons patent on their auto ejecting system. If you look at the picture it looks just like the gear arrangement on the S&W Baby Russians. It's really unknown how many were made but it is one of the rarest of all H&Rs. After this, H&R discontinued the auto ejector and went with a manual ejector rod until S&Ws patent on auto ejectors expired. It is in .32 H&R caliber which predated the 32 S&W Long. It was also about the same as the 32 Merwin Hulbert Long caliber.
I got really lucky finding this one.
Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel
Wood Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel
Glasses Pen Writing implement Office supplies Cosmetics
Wood Everyday carry Revolver Material property Font
Eyewear Wood Jewellery Cable Office supplies

61 - 79 of 79 Posts