Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sitting at home on this lovely rainy Saturday evening I can’t help but notice the hype surrounding the Corona virus. It’s impossible!!! I do understand it is a somewhat serious manner but lets just say all the hype is nonsense. Anyway, I know it’s a Python forum so I’m not getting into it. But I’ll leave an awesome quote from Dave Ramsey I seen the other day. “The only people who get hurt on a rollercoaster are the ones who jump off. Wash your hands and go about your life.”

Thought I’d snag a pic of my 79’ python with my prized bathroom possessions and reading material while waiting it out for my 2020 Python to come back from Colt. You got to joke and find humor sometimes. Take care of each other, family, and neighbors in these next few weeks. I think we may be in for a rough ride possibly :)

653C417C-EC8D-4AAF-91F3-4A23546D115C.jpeg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Colt WILL take good care of you and will ship your gun back so fast you won’t hardly notice it was ever gone. I predict your Python will be retuned 100% fixed with a letter describing the work. If the reports of others who’ve gotten there’s repaired lately are any indication, you are in good hands. They clearly care about the customer.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I have made an offer on a couple of other board to trade toilet paper for a Colt Python. No takers so far. ;)

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,663 Posts
Due to the current emergency caused by the virus there's been a huge run on toilet paper at the stores.

My nephew works for a huge paper products company that makes diapers, paper towel, and toilet paper.
They've been on 24/7 shifts for over 30 years.

Once a year the company does a product give-away for their workers and retirees.
This is slightly defective paper towel and toilet paper.
The "defect" is usually some small problem like the glue holding the first sheet on being to heavy and the first couple of sheets may tear.
This is not bad but they don't want to sell it and risk customer complaints and it would cost too much to scrap so they give it to their workers.
My nephew gave me some paper towel and toilet paper.

I'm loading up a couple of my assault rifles with 30 round magazines and getting ready.
So, when my 70 and 80 year old neighbors rush the door to take our toilet paper I can fire a few rounds over their heads to warn them off, and they can retreat on their canes and walkers.

The plant is barricading the buildings and preparing to stand off a siege of mobs attempting to raid the warehouses.
Since the plant also makes diapers I've heard that the workers are prepared to fight off the mob with fully loaded diapers and are not afraid to use them.

We have to be prepared in these times of danger and total civil breakdown.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The was a segment on the evening news the other day. A daily news paper is leaving the last several pages blank on both sides, except for dashes indicating where to cut it to make toilet paper.
Regular news papers make OK toilet paper in a pinch, but the ink rubs off...

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Years ago on a trip I seen outhouses that had a large pile of red corn cobs and a smaller pile of white ones. Asked a local about it. He said the white ones were "checkers".

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I always have a couple large trash bags full of rags in my shop.
On occasion, I have been slightly inconvenienced whilst engaging in high speed motorcycle therapy out on the road, and have arrived back home with only half of a handkerchief.
This is a Diamondback ~1982:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The was a segment on the evening news the other day. A daily news paper is leaving the last several pages blank on both sides, except for dashes indicating where to cut it to make toilet paper.
Regular news papers make OK toilet paper in a pinch, but the ink rubs off...
that’s so clever. Also kind of awesome. There are sure other ways to skin a cat and get the job done. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Years ago on a trip I seen outhouses that had a large pile of red corn cobs and a smaller pile of white ones. Asked a local about it. He said the white ones were "checkers".
That took me a second to process... hahaha!

that is pretty darn funny.

I don’t understand the toilet paper thing. I was at the shop tonight. Everything was fully stocked. Food, toiletries - even the over counter medicine aisle has everything. But the whole toilet paper aisle was empty. Strange priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I don’t understand the toilet paper thing. I was at the shop tonight. Everything was fully stocked. Food, toiletries - even the over counter medicine aisle has everything. But the whole toilet paper aisle was empty. Strange priorities.
It doesn't take much to start mass hysteria nowadays. All it takes is for one tin foil hat to mention a possible shortage on social media, then it will spread like wildfire and become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Remember the ".22LR shortage"?

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
We live in the woods. There has been no run on leaves. Family training on the appropriate leaves is underway.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
I'm sure you're well versed in avoid leaves such as poison ivy or anything with thorns. City folk who have no experience would have to be careful in that regard.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Also poison sumac. When I was a boy in wisconsin we had a old man neighbor that told me his father was a lumberjack. He scooped up some snow that was under some poison oak or sumac, I forgot which, to eat or "wet his whistle" and it killed him on the spot! Said it was the drippings from it that fell on the snow that killed him.
Also my dad was deer hunting, had to go, evidently used some leaves from a poison oak and it done him up in a bad way!

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,663 Posts
I saw a cartoon years ago about a snow storm that fits all this........

There's a man just in from shopping and he's putting about 10 gallons of milk on the kitchen table.
His wife looks at all this and says.......... "Frank, we don't drink milk".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.