Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone;

I thought I'd post this here this morning to see if my friends could figure this out, cuz I sure can't.

I have a very large package (350 pounds) coming from Fontana, California, to me here in Ontario, Canada.

As you can clearly see in the screenshot from R&L Carriers (the trucking company), that it left Fontana, California at 3:16 am on September 17. The next entry indicates its arrival at Chicago, Il. at 6:00 pm on September 18.

Text Green Font Line Number
My question is, how is it possible for a transport truck carrying my payload from California to Chicago, make that trip in 27 hours. Calculated at 27 hours X 55 miles per hour average, = 1,485 miles. Google shows that the actual distance between those two cities is 3,170 km's or 1,981 miles. That's a 500 discrepancy which would realistically add another 10 hours to that trip.

Come on fella, there's a lot smarter people up here than me. Especially those with them new tinfoil hats on.

Bud

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Have you accounted for the time change difference(2hrs) times are usually posted as local times. And yes they could make that drive 27 hrs. with 2 drivers.No tin foil hat here thought that was a Canadian thing ? Speed limit is 70 mph outside of CA and 75 in some places,no one really drives the speed limit anyway.( i do,tickets are expensive)

·
Registered
209 Posts
R&L carriers utilizes rail for cross country shipments. They also use air carriers but 350# seems a bit much for air unless you paid a bunch of money to have it shipped.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
i am counting 38 hours and 44 minutes :bang_wall: go back and calculate

3:16 am on 17th to-
3:16 am on 18th = 24 hours then you go to pm

3:16 am on the 18th to
6:00 pm on the 18th = 14 hours & 44 minutes
total time .
38 hours & 44 minutes if i'm doing the math correct somebody will come along and shoot me down:confused:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If I am correct Ontario is I the eastern time zone so add 3 hours for the time change, I make it 41 hours and 44 minutes. Now I am no expert but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn some time last month. 44.75 hours x 55 mph average 2461 miles, more than enough time. I have to ask though isn't 350 pounds of packing a lot to protect a Bankers Special.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks thewhiz;

It cost me $268.00 to have it shipped.

Longranger, I never thought about the time difference, thanks.

BigG, Maybe, ya never know I guess but the whiz is likely right about air though, too heavy at 350 pounds.

Thanks ya'll

Bud

R&L carriers utilizes rail for cross country shipments. They also use air carriers but 350# seems a bit much for air unless you paid a bunch of money to have it shipped.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha!! Thanks Eadleye and JohnnyP.

Hmmmmmm, maybe that's why I lost my job at Fort Knox?:eek:

Thanks

Bud

i am counting 38 hours and 44 minutes :bang_wall: go back and calculate

3:16 am on 17th to-
3:16 am on 18th = 24 hours then you go to pm

3:16 am on the 18th to
6:00 pm on the 18th = 14 hours & 44 minutes
total time .
38 hours & 44 minutes if i'm doing the math correct somebody will come along and shoot me down:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oooohhhhhh wouldn't that have been nice John? One for each of the member of our great forum. Well, a hundred and forty of 'em anyway.

Bud

I was thinking he bought 140 Single Action Army's!

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha!! Yes, it sure would be Mike. It sure would have to be one "special" Bankers Special wouldn't it? Mebbe a few diamonds in the hammer and one for the front sight.

Thanks Mike, and let's see.......... ummmmm, yes, I have it!! I can blame being sick on my poor math skills of late. Getting a cold is awfully hard on my one-cylinder brain ya know.

All the best guys, and thatks a bunch for all your great replies.

Bud
........ now where did I put that abacus?

If I am correct Ontario is I the eastern time zone so add 3 hours for the time change, I make it 41 hours and 44 minutes. Now I am no expert but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn some time last month. 44.75 hours x 55 mph average 2461 miles, more than enough time. I have to ask though isn't 350 pounds of packing a lot to protect a Bankers Special.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts