Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems there has been a return of train robberies. Freight cars are being robbed in Los Angeles on a daily basis. The remains of UPS and Amazon packages litter the tracks. If it is happening there, it is likely happening elsewhere. Do not ship anything of value this way. When they say, “It is like the Wild West out there,” it, indeed, is like the Wild West out there. Best go heeled, Pilgrim.

Water Building Car Infrastructure Vehicle

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Welcome to Boyle Heights of L.A. those cars come from the East. You can see Downtown Los Angeles in background.

·
Registered
479 Posts
if I was a kid living around there, I'd be picking the trash along the tracks. Heck if I lived there today, I'd be picking the trash heaps daily! jim

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
It would never happen today but the Marines protecting the US Mail in 1921 knew how to protect the mail on trains.

Marines from both coasts were activated and armed with trench guns, M1911 pistols, and the M1903 Springfield rifle to stand watch as high-value mail deliveries were moved between institutions, large cities, banks, and government offices. They rode mail trucks and trains, often seated with the driver and in with the valuable cargo.

The Marines had strict orders: “You must, when on guard duty, keep your weapons in hand and, if attacked, shoot and shoot to kill. There is no compromise in this battle with bandits. If two Marines guarding a mail car, for example, are suddenly covered by a robber, neither must hold up his hands, but both must begin shooting at once. One may be killed, but the other will get the robbers and save the mail. When our Marine Corps men go as guards over the mail, that mail must be delivered or there must be a dead Marine at the post of duty.”

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
It would never happen today but the Marines protecting the US Mail in 1921 knew how to protect the mail on trains.

Marines from both coasts were activated and armed with trench guns, M1911 pistols, and the M1903 Springfield rifle to stand watch as high-value mail deliveries were moved between institutions, large cities, banks, and government offices. They rode mail trucks and trains, often seated with the driver and in with the valuable cargo.

The Marines had strict orders: “You must, when on guard duty, keep your weapons in hand and, if attacked, shoot and shoot to kill. There is no compromise in this battle with bandits. If two Marines guarding a mail car, for example, are suddenly covered by a robber, neither must hold up his hands, but both must begin shooting at once. One may be killed, but the other will get the robbers and save the mail. When our Marine Corps men go as guards over the mail, that mail must be delivered or there must be a dead Marine at the post of duty.”

hello, come home carrying your shield or on it!
semper fi!

regards. bro

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
From the UP news -

“We are making arrests, but what our officers are seeing on the ground is that people are basically being arrested, there is no bail, they come out the next day and come back to rob our trains,” Valdez said.

I also read the charges are dropped to a misdemeanor charge and the thieves pay a small fine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
that's the problem, if we were to walk along the tracks picking thru the open packages, we would have the book thrown at us for trespassing on RR property, possession of stolen property, tampering with the mail, j walking across railroad tracks and anything else a law abiding citizen can be stuck with. jim

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
California is a criminal state run by criminals- plain and simple- drive through a down town anywhere in the late great golden state- you will see visions from the slums of Calcutta. Never thought I would see such degradation in the USA.

Its right out of clock work orange.

We need something like 1921 Marines and old school border patrol but we sure as hell are not going to get it.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

There are plenty of good people in the late great golden state but no chance to right the ship of state as they are vastly outnumbered by well... the people that want a criminal state.

That's all I will say- the cooler is no fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.