Colt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Trigger jobs generally involve deburring / polishing moving mating sufaces in the mechanism and/or reducing spring tension. This can include the sides of trigger and hammer mechanisms and the frame areas with which they mate which should not be a big problem , but also the hand, bolt, rebound lever, sear and notch which could be problematic since in Colts like E/I and D frames, careful fitting is required for proper function. It seems to me that dressing those areas for smoother operation would require considerable knowledge and experience to avoid adversely affecting function and would rate fairly difficult on the scale. Spring tension adjustment involves trial bending and obviously has the potential for light strikes. So, I guess I would want to know who did it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If you know a gun has been opened because the screws are buggered, you might wonder if the heavy hand did anything internally, although cleaning like db68 said and even careful disassembly and correct reassembly is not particularly difficult or disruptive. A timing check should reasonably verify function but it could certainly be a bargaining point. All JMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.