Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently changed out the fore end assembly (M4 RAS) and added a Leupold scope, replacing the carry handle on my A4. Want to now move on to the trigger. Budget only allows so many purchases at a time. Geiselle has there SSA trigger for $180.00 over the Independence Day weekend. I like a two stage trigger and this fits the bill. (4.5 lbs total) Is that a good choice or what else would you recommend. Enjoy shooting my A4, like the fixed buttstock, 1-7 twist for shooting 5.56 ammo. Much better overall for distance shooting vs my AR carbine. Appreciate any suggestion or guidance on choosing a trigger. Want to tighten up my groups at a 100 yards plus. The mil spec trigger is gritty and breaks between 6 and 9 lbs.Is there a better trigger than the Geiselle SSA that I am thinking about now. Thanks !!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cultist;
Thank you for your quick reply. Any thoughts on the Geiselle SSA or another trigger assembly you may think better. Appreciate!!

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
You certainly won't go wrong with the Geiselle options. I have a good number of them. The Larue MBT is a less expensive, yet still high quality item I'm familiar with as well.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
There are a lot of AR triggers of all types available, but for formal Target shooting Geiselle seems to be as good as the best and better then the rest, as my mom used to say.

You might benefit from doing some looking on Brownell's site, they carry most of the major brands, and do some comparative shopping for price, features, and user reviews.

If you like Geiselle and there's a limited time special, buy it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
My Colt has a 3 pound Timney single stage drop in trigger. My Rock Rivers have their 2 stage match triggers. And I have a Les Baer with a Jewel trigger. The Jewel is the finest AR trigger I’ve ever shot, the Timney is the easiest to install, but for any general purpose AR I would recommend the Rock River 2 stage match unit, it’s that good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
inspcalan,dfariswheel,smutt:

Gentleman, thank you very much for your posts. The rifle is used only for target shooting. Am partial to Geiselle as I already have one in my LE6920 carbine. The attractive Independence Day pricing by Geiselle did get my attention. They have a SSA with a large Pin. So do I order the regular SSA or the SAA with the large Pin. Serial number on my AR15 A4 is 003529. Bought it used so do not have any idea of date of manufacture. Geiselle web page states the large Pin SSA is for Colt's manufactured up to 2009. What year do You think my A4 was manufactured? Appreciate !!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would tend to think that your rifle was made in 2016 or 2017. There should be a date on your barrel just behind the front sight assembly under the hand guards and beneath the gas tube, this is the date the barrel was made and you can usually assume the rifle was assembled within a few months after that date. Your A4 should have the small (normal) hammer and trigger pins.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CAR60,
Thank you. Good tips. Will remove the M4 fore end assembly and take a look. Am hoping it has the normal mil spec pins. Appreciate !!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
STORM2,
Interesting combat trigger (Wilson). Am going to study up on them. Appreciate !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts