Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the Trooper I just picked up were an extra set of grips (in excellent condition I might add) but when I got home and took off the ones on the gun I found that they are different. Any help on what they might fit ? The one on the right with the "3" on it is from the extra set Second photo is the set together. Appreciate any help in finding out what they fit..

Attachments

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Those are for a Python since they have a gold medallion in each panel. They're called 3rd generation Python stocks by the collecting community.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I'd say $150-$250 depending on how bad someone wants them. With all the crap going on in the world right now it might not be a good time to get top dollar for them.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I don't believe these are factory Python stocks.
The checkering is not raised. Also there are 2 extra holes on the backside for pins. Factory stocks didn't use these. I have seen these on Altamont stocks.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I don't believe these are factory Python stocks.
The checkering is not raised. Also there are 2 extra holes on the backside for pins. Factory stocks didn't use these. I have seen these on Altamont stocks.
I didn't notice that but you're correct. Unless Colt sent some out like that they're repops. Not having raised checkering is the tipoff.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,614 Posts
As stated above, the grips are Altamont, not genuine Colt Target grips.

Another identifying feature of Altamont grips is the sharp edge where the thumb rests transition to the main body of the grips.
Value is not very high since they're not Colt, probably around $50.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts