Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking of selling this i got it in 1988 shot it a few time shoots realy nice.Got it from a lawman that said it was his since new. At gun store he tries to get it for 200 bucks said its not a wanted model no more.I started looking around net for prices an they look like 300 to 500
so what you think mine wold be worth?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,800 Posts
First, never try to sell anything to that gun store again.
The line about the Colt Trooper Mark III "Not being wanted anymore" is straight, undiluted BS, unless you happen to live in one of those rare areas where Colt's aren't popular.

While they do need to make a profit, they shouldn't try to make THAT much on one customer.
You'd make more by selling it yourself.

Colt Trooper Mark III revolvers do bring between $300 to $500, especially on internet gun auctions.
Yours appears to have a Satin Electroless Nickel finish, which is not to common.

As in all things, condition is a big determiner of actual value.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Dfariswheel's telling you straight. He was trying to pick your pocket. Sure, he's in business for a living but needs to have a little more couth than that.

That is a great revolver. It is a good size for general purpose use and would be a rewarding gun to have on the range or in the field. I hate to see you thinking of selling it. Unless you have limited opportunities or few places to shoot it I'd take it out and get to know it better.

Of course "need the money" is a valid and acceptable reason to sell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not about money and i shoot every week but i do mostly 3 gun and practice for it poor revolver just sits.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow, a mere lousy 200 bucks for such a fine piece?

You will do way better then that somewhere (if not anywhere!) else!

Spotted a few Trooper Mk III's around the dutch internet sites -all Blue, starting at around 250 up to 450 (Euros that is). None of them were in such anice stat as yours appears to be!

Very nice gun!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hey cutter;

I've got a brother-in-law who was pining for a Colt Trooper .357 the other day. I could point him in your direction if you like.

I still hold with keeping the Trooper as a fine shooter. Now that Colt has discontinued the entire double action revolver line it has a bit of extra appeal. It would be fun to wring out the Trooper with handloads to see what it likes best. I'm a huge Smith & Wesson fan above all other brands but would be tickled to show up a range with the Trooper and be a bit different from all the L-frames that predominate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cutter,

They are correct......trying to rip you off. I would be interesed so I sent you an email. I would be at the very /forums/images/graemlins/cool.giftop of that range.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Cutter, if you are really thinking about selling it I have NO doubt that someone on the forum would gladly double the $200 you were offered. That dealer is just someone trying to maximize his profit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My email was returned. I bid $450 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifsubject to a few more pictures. Email me via this site if interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts