Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
High everyone. New here and have a .22 mag Trooper MK III that my father just gave to me. It was originally purschased by him for me to target shoot with back in June 1983 new. I have original box and paperwork.

I haven't done much shooting at all for about 20 yrs and want to get back into it. My original plan was to try to sell this and get a larger caliber semi-automatic pistol. But after doing a little research, it looks like the trooper in this finish is rare and worth more than I thought. Should I sell this or hold on to it. Any idea on worth would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pics:
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Attachments

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Just that fact it was your fathers makes it more valuable than monetary worth. Worldly value I would estimate 1200

·
Registered
168 Posts
Definitely keep it in the family! The desirability of the Trooper MK III (like ALL Colt revolvers) is going up every day. Being a .22 with original box and paper makes it even more desirable. I would thank my father and hold on to it:)!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have my Dad's Trooper. His is a .357 Magnum in nickel. He gave it to me before he died a couple of months ago. Even though it has plenty of character from being carried for so long, I wouldn't give it up for anything, and I mean anything. Hold on to it, trust me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for confirming what I already thought I was going to do. I think it will go to little Paulie 30 yrs from now with paperwork that grandpa filled out 60 yrs prior.

I'm really glad I did some research before I did anything.

Thanks again everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts