Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two sets of grips for my Trooper MK III, the traditional target grips and the newer downsized grips. I need to shoot it with both more to see which I like more based on feel, but I am taking an informal poll - which do you think looks better?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Don't know if I'd really call those"downsized",but rounded front corner(toe).

Have the old style on a Mk. III nickle Border Patrol .357 and the newer style on a .38 Special O.P. MK III .38 Special.

Older style seems a bit better for handling recoil, but rounded toe doesn't "print" as much in C.C.W.

Of course there is also the "service style" stocks as issued on O.P.,Metropolitans and Lawmen in the Mk. III series. These are even smaller,and resemble the S&W regular "magna grips".

Bud

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like the target grip best, but I am a traditionalist I guess. Does the Python/Diamondback target grips fit the Trooper?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I like the target grip best, but I am a traditionalist I guess. Does the Python/Diamondback target grips fit the Trooper?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, all three are different frames. Tally one vote for the newer style. I like the look and find them more comfortable. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts