Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a Trooper MKIII but the grips don't match anything I've seen online. The front is a little bit rounded, not the square grips you normally see on a Trooper. S/N dates to 1970. Are these original or something added later? They do have the Colt logo on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I don't think there is any premium for the smaller duty stocks like you have. I put these type of stocks on my Trooper MkIII and really like the way the gun feels and handles. I haven't seen any Trooper MkIIIs with these smaller duty stocks as factory original. That doesn't mean some didn't ship with these stocks. I just haven't seen any. The later Troopers MkIII s had a modified version of the target stocks with a rounded bottom. The large target stocks are just to bulky for me. They do a nice job of soaking up the recoil though. These Trooper MkIIIs are just great well finished, accurate, tank tough revolvers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look on ebay for a set of Jay Scott grips. They come in all kinds of wood, plastic, whatever. And they are correct for Colts.
I have a pair on my Trooper (pearlite) that I found 10 years ago ( they were already 35 years old at that point) in a gun/ surplus shop that was going out of business. Still in original package marked COLT/JAY SCOTT. Jay Scott was a division of Colt
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.