Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Trooper MKIII sn/567**L. 4" barrel, blue. Paid $400 has some holster wear at the muzzle, but pretty nice. Did some research here first, so thanks for the help. Need to get out and shoot it now.
Bob

·
Registered
265 Posts
R_Moran,

I bought a 6" Trooper about two years ago. It was in excellent condition and surprised me with its accuracy. Until then, my 40 year old Python, bought NIB, was my standard for accuracy.
The first range trip was an eye-opener. The Trooper was more accurate than the Python.

Maybe it was the extra 2" in barrel length,

John

·
Registered
794 Posts
Way to go Bob! I've been saying here on this forum for years that the Trooper MKIII is the Rodney Dangerfield of Colt revolvers. They are well made, dependable, and accurate like John described. Until they get "discovered" the prices will remain reasonable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, just got back from the range with it. After years of shooting 1911's and glocks, I forgot how much a .357 kicks. It does make a nice companion to my Detective Special though. It does feel a little better then the Smiths I owned years ago. I remember passing up King Cobras, because everyone said the Smith was better. After some research here and at 1911forums, I realized how under rated they were. Plus I got a thing for the Horsie!
Any body got suggestions on leather and ammo?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have a 6" which I bought recently for pretty cheap (as in "can't pass it by" price. It shoots like a dream and the trigger is so so smooth! I have a suspicion that it had a trigger job done on it though. Congratulations on a good revolver purchase. I use Bianchi leather for my N-frames (belt holsters). I believe it will fit the same holster as the one sized for a Python.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i too was brought up shooting a late 70's Trooper III and have always loved them. I agree with those here that say they are under-appriciated.

Lee

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well, since you guys claim how much fun it is to shoot a Trooper Mark III, makes me think that I should consider taking my NIB Trooper Mark III out of it's box and try shooting it(Maybe, but it is so beautiful, in NIB condition-as shown below!)? This is the only Trooper Mark III that I own!:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Colt38,

Keep that one NIB and go buy you a "shooter". That's why I have 2 Pythons - one to look at and one to shoot.

Lorin

·
Registered
185 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Well, since you guys claim how much fun it is to shoot a Trooper Mark III, makes me think that I should consider taking my NIB Trooper Mark III out of it's box and try shooting it(Maybe, but it is so beautiful, in NIB condition-as shown below!)? This is the only Trooper Mark III that I own!:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have looked quite some time for a deal on a pistol such as this.......very very nice; I wouldn't shoot it....too purdy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts