Colt Forum banner

Trooper photo thread .

57K views 253 replies 102 participants last post by  khe sanh 
#1 ·
There must not be enough love for the Trooper. Here is my Mark III. 6", 357 Mag, 1979. I bought in 2010 from a dealer who collects Colts. When I inspected the gun I said the only thing I could find wrong was the cylinder ring, which was very light. The seller said he believed the gun ring was unfired and the cylinder ring was the reason it was for sale and not in his collection.

My first gun was a Trooper Mark III, 4",` bought new in 76 when I pinned on a badge. Sold that and a nickel dick special in 80 to attend college. The trooper was stolen from the officer I sold it to. The dick spl is still in the hands of the friend I sold it to. I wish he would sell it back.

Attachments

See less See more
#251 ·
Pier23: I love V-frame Colts. They have weird double action triggers on account of their simple coil spring action, but you get used to it. Sounds like Frank did a great job on yours.

I think they're tougher than a bag of hammers. I wouldn't worry about .357 Magnum at all in your Trooper Mk V. I never shoot it myself, but only because my club has endless reverberant structures to prevent a bullet from leaving the property (valid concern, of course) that makes the noise of .357 Magnum truly horrific.

If I had an open area to shoot I'm sure I'd add it to the mix.

BTW, Safariland Comp IIs for Ruger Speed/Service Six revolvers work pretty well in the Mk III and Mk V Colts.