Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I am very pleased with my new Trooper MK V, but also had an email out to someone selling a King Cobra. Thinking I may back out now.

Question:

Am I correct in saying that these are (essentially) the same gun in terms of function, strength and all the other good stuff?

I remember reading here that the Trooper MK V became the King Cobra. Yet I do not recall reading what changes were made in that transition beyond the obvious cosmetics (full underlug & stainless steel).

The bottom line is that I have limited funds for my collection and want to have a nice assortment... It seems the King Cobra may be something too close to what I just brought home and for a lot more money.

I paid $400 for the NIB Trooper MK V and the best I have found for the King Cobra Enhanced 4" Stainless was $550 LNIB 99%.

I already own 2 Pythons in 4" and 2.5" and a Magnum Carry.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by uberdog (edited 05-09-2005).]

·
Registered
715 Posts
You're right, the visual differences are the solid rib and full underlug. The KC was available in matte and bright SS and blue, the Mk. V available in blue, nickel and matte black (Peacekeeper). The action is the same on the KC as the Mk. V as well as the grip frames. The Mk. Vs are coded the model V and the KC is the model AA.

Although quite different on the outside, they are basically identical on the inside.

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 05-09-2005).]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blokey.

If the Trooper V is as stout as Dfariswheel claims the KC to be, I may put off the King Cobra purchase and save my money.

I am not sure why the Trooper V goes for less since it is more rare.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think the MkV just wasn't around long enough to gain any notoriety. The MkIII had made it's name and the new KC got a lot of advertising as a new model with a new serpent's name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts