Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just found a website you all may be already familiar with i.e. True West Magazine. On the website I found an article 10 Treasured Firearms, which shows some interesting weapons owned by the author of the article, Phil Spangsberger their Firearms Editor. Not all of the weapons are old, some are recreations from the 1980s, but some are original antiques from the nineteenth century. I was particularly impressed with the condition of the number eight weapon a Model 1860 Colt Richards Conversion. This is the Richards cartridge conversion model based on the Colt 1860 Army percussion revolver. Despite being made sometime between 1873-1878 this revolver is in remarkably good condition, being Nickel plated probably helps. Why don't you all take a close look at it and say what you think of it and the website.
nghiggins

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
nghiggins, Thanks for sharing. There are some guns that I would have added to my list, but I have never heard of the Kodiak double 45/70 and now I am considering subscribing to True West. Thanks, Joseph

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks muchly for that link nghiggins. Some very lovely and desirable pieces there. Just love the first photo! Does anyone know if it's an original or a modern, posed recreation?

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Thanks muchly for that link nghiggins. Some very lovely and desirable pieces there. Just love the first photo! Does anyone know if it's an original or a modern, posed recreation?
That's the author of the article, so....posed recreation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts