Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend at work gave me this information and asked if I could find out anything about it, so I came to the experts.

Info on gun:

June 5 1990
Colt PT F. A. Mfg. Co
Hartford, CT USA
Pat Aug 5 1884 Jun 1900
July 4 1905

Colt Army Special 38

This is all I have other than it being a six shot revolver. Anything you guys could tell me would be great!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If it says Army Special on the left of the barrel, then that's what it is - a commercial revolver manufactured from 1908 to 1927, when the name was changed to Official Police.
I do not understand the 1990 date you list. Where is it?
JT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jacobtowne

Thanks for the reply, since this isn't mine I have not personaly seen it. I just have a piece of paper with the information provided on it. I think the 1990 date was a mistake on my part it should read 1900. I will contact my friend and see if he can give me locations of these markings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Dirk Pitt
Welcombe to the forum
I'm Robert Pitt Sydney-Australia /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are good revolvers. Pretty strong,considering the ages we are talking about.(1908-1927).They will shoot fine as long as you feed them regular 38 special ammo. (Nothing high-pressue,or +P stuff).Also,they have many similar parts to the Colt Python,and Offical Police,so keeping them in shooting shape is not too difficult. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi AussieBob (AKA: Robert Pitt)

You wrote:

>Hi Dirk Pitt
>Welcombe to the forum
>I'm Robert Pitt Sydney-Australia

I would bet that our Forum Poster "Dirk Pitt" is using Clive Cussler's character's name from his N.U.M.A. novels .... They are quite interesting reading! They even made a movie from his book titled "Sahara" ... don't remember which actor played "Dirk Pitt" in the movie! :)
Take care, Bob Best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts